Stretch inc. vrc6016 16 ch ntsc capture card compatability

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
drobot190

Stretch inc. vrc6016 16 ch ntsc capture card compatability

Post by drobot190 »

Hello,
I have a Stretch inc. VRC6016 analog cctv capture card. Does any one know if it is compatible with zoneminder, and if so, how do I get zoneminder to recognize it. It doesn't show up in /dev, but it is recognized by lspci. It uses Stretch S6000 series chips, it is compatible with both NTSC and PAL, and it connects to my computer via PCI-e x1. The computer is a Dell Optiplex 960 with a core 2 duo, 3GB of ram, a 1TB hdd, and an old AMD radeon GPU. The system runs Fedora 27.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I have attached a picture of the card.
Attachments
DSCN0261.JPG
DSCN0261.JPG (18.87 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
Barnstormer285

Re: Stretch inc. vrc6016 16 ch ntsc capture card compatability

Post by Barnstormer285 »

I too have been smacking my head against a wall with this card, i have been looking high and low for compatible software/drivers (in windows land i found the drivers but no software that works with it), yet the "manufacturer" claims linux and windows compatibility.... i just haven't figured anything out yet. i have tried this card with ubuntu and got similar results to the op... but i don't think linux will know fully about this specialty card out of the box as from looking at things its not loading the right mod for it.... i will keep trying with this card but so far options with using this card on anything is next to impossible. (but i don't take that as an answer for my self so ill keep working on it). If nothing else at least someone else is having a similar problem. ( i have more or less taken a shotgun approach to things and having similar issues with a hicap100-s2 and a R4815EX all 3 of which use techwell video converters... i need to stop going the shotgun approach :roll: ) Ill keep you posted with my findings!
drobot190

Re: Stretch inc. vrc6016 16 ch ntsc capture card compatability

Post by drobot190 »

Thanks for the reply! I hope you find something.