Recording Many Events Cause Signal

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
juanmoura

Recording Many Events Cause Signal

Post by juanmoura »

In my environment I have several cameras that are not INFRA, and I have seen a lot of events with SIGNAL cause. This is very difficult to remove with the filter, even because the removal is by event, is there any way of not recording these events with cause SIGNAL?
juanmoura

Re: Recording Many Events Cause Signal

Post by juanmoura »

When i create a filter for delete all events with cause Signal does not remove.

I need to delete manually causing a lot work.

I think if the camera don't have a infra red fuction, the image will be black in the night, so i don't need to record events with cause signal. This only enlarge my database causing a lot trouble.

In one night i've more than 5000 events with de cause Signal and smal than 5s and 4kb.

When the filter purgewhenfull enter in action these events will deprecite the capability for exclusion and liberate the space in disk.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I use a filter for Cause = Signal like this ->
ZM-filter-ex.png
ZM-filter-ex.png (57.78 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
juanmoura

Post by juanmoura »

In this way theoretically I would remove files and data that the system has already inserted unnecessarily. What I'm looking for is a way for him not to create those events that are useless. Even so, the filter only works if I list the items and select and delete them all manually. Creating a filter to automatically remove and rotate in the background does not work, it does not remove, it only consumes memory and processing without need, I follow everything with Zabbix.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

are you saying the Filters when Delete all matches is selected does not work? Please open a terminal and enter ->

Code: Select all

zmfilter.pl
are there errors?
juanmoura

Post by juanmoura »

Running zmfilter.pl in the terminal the filter works, but in webpage don't.
juanmoura

Post by juanmoura »

rockedge wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 pm I use a filter for Cause = Signal like this ->

ZM-filter-ex.png
Adding here some news, so running version 1.31.42, we have many recordings with Cause = Signal, however the consumption is minimal, what happens is that the disk filled and however I set it to delete 500 events in the filters when it it will filter it obviously mix cause = motion causes with cause = signal.

If I insert another filter as you gave the idea, being cause = signal and change the purgewhenfull to only cause = motion, it in fact only excludes the motions events in a filter and signal in the other filter, but it will only rotate again daemon when all the filters are gone. That way I remain the same, the exclusion time is less than the time consuming the HD. I have to see another way to remove cause = signal events, in fact I wanted to see a way to DISABLE the creation of those events, they serve no purpose, just increase the consumption of unnecessary resources.