Possible bug during creation of analysis images

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
SpikeyGG

Possible bug during creation of analysis images

Post by SpikeyGG »

So, I leave the CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES option enabled because I like to see which zone caused an alarm and generally how well I've tuned my blob detection. I know this causes the server extra strain but I have a 12-core server-grade processor with 128GB of ram, and the thing sits idle most of the day so I figure I might as well spin some cycles creating the analysis images...

Anyway, I've always noticed a problem with the analysis engine. I have only Active and Inclusive zones on my detection scheme and I've found that anytime blobs are detected in two zones of both types, simultaneously, the analysis image gets fubar. When it spans two or more Active zones there isn't a problem, it seems to only happen when it is an Active and an Inclusive zone detection, at the same time. I've uploaded a pair of frames, see below. These two frames are back-to-back captured images from my setup.

I had to add 1% of compression on the "bad" one so it would upload to the forum, it was just over 1MB originally.
00046-analyse-bad.jpg
00046-analyse-bad.jpg (953.68 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
This was the next frame, looks much better with the analysis detection in green outline.
00047-analyse-good.jpg
00047-analyse-good.jpg (967.2 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
I have found that usually, I can hit the 'stats' button and see the multiple zone detection results when the screen goes fubar. I say "usually" because sometimes the 'stats' button doesn't exists even though the frame is called an Alarm frame (this condition seems weird to me too).

Anway, I'm interested if anyone else has seen this problem or knows how to address it.

Thanks,
-Greg
iconnor

Re: Possible bug during creation of analysis images

Post by iconnor »

Neat... I'll have to think about why this is happening.
SpikeyGG

Post by SpikeyGG »

I should mention that the area that wasn't messed up in the top photo lines up very closely to the Inclusive zone that was getting triggered at the same time as my Active zone was getting triggered.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Yes, I've seen this too on my systems. It appears to only be in the analysis images. If I click frame-by-frame through the event, I don't see the corruption.
Not sure how this is happening.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/