Determine what caused alarm

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Thomas007

Determine what caused alarm

Post by Thomas007 »

I have Monitors with multiple zones. When I get an alarm, I sometimes wonder what caused the alarm - which zone, and which part of the image.
How do I see that?

From what is stated in the userguide, it seems that Blobs are shown with the configured color, but I don't use blobs (yet), as I want to use blobs as a last resort, because of the additional processing overhead. So I use AlarmedPixels instead.

BR Thomas
PacoLM

Re: Determine what caused alarm

Post by PacoLM »

Hi Thomas,

With OPTIONS::CONFIG::CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES you have the option to get a visible way to know which caused the event and where.
http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/sta ... onfig.html

Hope it helps!
PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
Thomas007

Post by Thomas007 »

Hi Paco.

That options is already checked.

When studying the frames marked as alarm frames, all I see is one thin red line, as a box, around the entire frame (captured image). So I cannot see which of the zones caused the motion detection.

BR Thomas
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

It should only make the shape of the changed area, you may need to play with the settings.

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
snake

Post by snake »

One option which is not related to zones but will help you to 'determine what caused alarm' is if you use ZMTrigger. You can specify the source of zmtrigger in its packet (see /usr/bin/zmtrigger.pl on debian). This means you could have multiple hardware devices; let's say a PIR, a laser diode sensor, and maybe a reed switch on a window. Each would be watching different areas. When you send the packets from these devices, there is a spot to specify the source. So it would be possible then to specify "Front hallway Laser" or "PIR" or "Window Reed" on each device. Yes they can all point to the same monitor ID (camera).
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Thomas007 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:49 am Hi Paco.

That options is already checked.

When studying the frames marked as alarm frames, all I see is one thin red line, as a box, around the entire frame (captured image). So I cannot see which of the zones caused the motion detection.

BR Thomas
That means blob detection is not turned on under the motion settings for the camera.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

When you send the packets from these devices, there is a spot to specify the source. So it would be possible then to specify "Front hallway Laser" or "PIR" or "Window Reed" on each device. Yes they can all point to the same monitor ID (camera).
by adding a "%Q" to the end of the Timestamp like this example :%N - %d/%m/%y %H:%M:%S %Q this will display a cause or source sent by the string going to zmTrigger.pl on the stream view.

Code: Select all

$monitor|on = 1;
$extTriggerx = "$monitor|on+120|255|motion sensor|FrontDoor|motion sensor";