log analysis help requested

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
alabamatoy

log analysis help requested

Post by alabamatoy »

Ubuntu 16.04 server, ZM 1.30.0

I see the following every now and then in my logs:

Code: Select all

Nov 13 22:16:24 signal-security zmdc[13993]: WAR ['zmc -m 4' has not stopped at 17/11/13 22:16:24. Sending KILL to pid 14022]
Nov 13 22:16:25 signal-security zmc_m4[6657]: WAR [Unable to parse ffmpeg option 0 '', expecting key=value]
Nov 13 22:16:25 signal-security zmc_m4[6657]: ERR [Unable to open input rtsp://login:password@10.1.1.156:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 due to: Operation now in progress]
Nov 13 22:16:25 signal-security zma_m4[14024]: WAR [Signal: Lost]
Nov 13 22:16:25 signal-security zmc_m4[6657]: WAR [Buffer overrun at index 21, image 271, slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer size]
This is followed by literally thousands of "WAR [Buffer overrun at index XX, image YYY, slow down...." which usually spans about 20 or 30 seconds, then it reacquires signal and starts behaving correctly. Sometimes I go days or weeks without this issue, other times I will see several in one day. It does not happen only on a specific monitor, it seems to be random.

What is happening? How do I fix it? It really bloats the logs and makes finding other issues more difficult.

Can I code something that watches ZM and when it sees 25 or 30 "WAR [Buffer overrun...." it bounces the monitor, or resets the camera, or ????? Suggestions or thoughts on this would be appreciated.
montagdude

Re: log analysis help requested

Post by montagdude »

Are these wifi cameras? I had similar problems (with the exception of the ffmpeg warning, as far as I remember) after upgrading my router's firmware, which, as it turned out, made the network unstable and caused the to disconnect frequently. I also ended up with many events caused by "Signal." When this occurs, are you able to view the stream with VLC or whatever means the camera manufacturer provides? I'm not saying your router firmware is buggy like mine was, but it sounds like a wifi connectivity issue.
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

montagdude wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:18 pm Are these wifi cameras? .....but it sounds like a wifi connectivity issue.
All my cameras are hardwired.
montagdude

Post by montagdude »

Are they IP cameras, though? It could be your ISP being flakey, I guess. What is your system load like?
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

montagdude wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:30 pm Are they IP cameras, though? It could be your ISP being flakey, I guess. What is your system load like?
The cameras are all IP. None of my camera traffic goes through the ISP unless Im monitoring via HTTPS. The cameras are on a blind network, and the ZM PC has dual nics, one on the blind network, one on the connected network, and there is no IP forwarding. So there is no issue from the ISP, this will happen when the ZM box is isolated from the connected network.

The system load (as indicated in the ZM main page) is usually 2 or less.