Kodi Video Plugin

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Maximo1970

Kodi Video Plugin

Post by Maximo1970 »

Hi Everyone,

I've been using the zoneminder video plugin for Kodi, it's now stopped working. I've got it install on the OSMC distribution of Kodi, so it could be a change there that's caused the issue.

When I click on the plugin not a lot happens and then I get the message 'No Cameras Found'. There is nothing in the kodi.log to offer any points hence this post. Can anyone assist by pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks

Garry
bbunge

Re: Kodi Video Plugin

Post by bbunge »

Try the Kodi forum.
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

Not sure how trying the Kodi forum is going help. But clearly the plugin is no longer supported and therefore I'll just have to ditch it, which is a pity as it's been very useful until it stopped working.
vox

Post by vox »

Maximo1970 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:01 pm Not sure how trying the Kodi forum is going help. But clearly the plugin is no longer supported and therefore I'll just have to ditch it, which is a pity as it's been very useful until it stopped working.
Free software often depends on a maintainer alone. When he stops for a reason X or Y, the project is abandoned until someone rolls up their sleeves and resumes the project.You can try to restart the plugin project :)
If enough people are motivated, you can try the crowfunding ;)
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

is this the version of the plugin that stopped working?
https://github.com/jamoZA/plugin.video.zoneminder
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

Yes I think that's the version I have. I'm no coder by any means, I can just about get away with creating simple Bash scripts. So for me to pick this up and move it forward wouldn't work. In all honesty I'd love to be in a position to do that as this is a great plugin and very useful for those of us running both Kodi and Zoneminder.