Stills link blank page

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
fqhrfrenzy

Stills link blank page

Post by fqhrfrenzy »

1.30.4 FreeBSD 11.1
When looking at the events you should be able to click on the stills link and see the stills. The page comes up but there is nothing visible. I am trying to move zoneminder to FreeBSD and this feature works on Linux just fine right out of the box. I assume this is going to be a permissions issue or file path issue just not sure whatever to look. I have all the the jpg's going to the /usr/local/www/zoneminder/events/'all the stamp folders' they are there perfectly and I can access them just not sure why zoneminder isnt doing this on its own.
MediaManRIT

Re: Stills link blank page

Post by MediaManRIT »

What's in the apache access and error logs? Any 4xx or 5xx codes or any errors in the error log?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

what happens when in the "Stills" viewer, you move the slider forward, do the images then appear?
fqhrfrenzy

Post by fqhrfrenzy »

rockedge wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:29 pm what happens when in the "Stills" viewer, you move the slider forward, do the images then appear?
That actually worked, all this stuff may be linked to using Nginx instead of Apache. That is what the instructions had to get it up and going (which were all wrong if you follow the instructions after you install the package that pops up in the terminal, yeah someone needs to fork it and update the notes) I used the FreeBSD package instructions as a kind of template to get it even working and its still not working correctly. Linux seems to work correctly right out of the box but with all the errors that the BSD version is throwing I think its making it more system heavy over Linux.

I am going to try it with Apache vs Nginx and see what I get.

There are a ton of little things that are broken, a small example would be something as stupid as the %N in the timestamp, suppose to show the monitor name and it doesn't just shows N

I took a TON of googling to even get this pig to work on BSD
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

As I started to experiment with replacing Apache with Hiawatha for running ZM. I ran into many small things as you mentioned, one being the problem with the stills showing up only after moving the slider...I can't remember exactly what it was that fixed it at the moment since I have after messing with it for awhile, got ZM to work very well with the Hiawatha web server. And as Hiawatha advanced it got easier to configure it for running zoneminder. I will have to check my badly organized notes to see what I did. I do remember that there were similarities in the types of challenges one faced getting ZM to work on Nginx and Hiawatha.

I made a LiveCD ISO with Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0.5 running a configured ready to go ZoneMinder 1.30.2 which can be updated to 1.30.4 or 1.31.1 using the Puppy Package Manager...this uses Hiawatha,mysql,php5 and has phpmyadmin. I know that the Nginx config examples for running ZM are floating around out there...I used some of those examples as a template....there is very little on ZM running on Hiawatha...I may be very alone in that regard!
Good Luck keep at it....

P.S. I had the still image problem when using php5-fpm as well as other small errors.
bulldog

Post by bulldog »

I have the same issue where the stills don't populate on their own. You have to scroll first. Is this an nginx flaw? or a configuration switch maybe?