FOSCAM R2 (R2 Only) Any luck?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
jjmail

FOSCAM R2 (R2 Only) Any luck?

Post by jjmail »

Has anyone had any luck getting the FOSCAM R2 camera to work with zoneminder? I cannot get it to work at all. If you have it working please tell me your settings, Thanks!

JJ
bbunge

Re: FOSCAM R2 (R2 Only) Any luck?

Post by bbunge »

Most Foscam HD cameras can be accessed the same way. Use ffmpeg source type in Zoneminder and see this to access the camera stream: http://foscam.us/forum/how-to-use-rtsp- ... t4926.html

Get it to work in VLC and it will work in Zoneminder.
jvrazel

Post by jvrazel »

I have tired everything with this camera. Apparently it does not do RSTP, it does HTTP/HTTPS but I cannot figure out how to get it to work with zoneminder.
RADTech

Post by RADTech »

I did a lot of tinkering, searching and even contacted Foscam support. This morning I finally got Zoneminder working with my Foscam R2. Here are my settings:

Name: Indoor
Server: None
Source Type: Ffmpeg
Function: Monitor
Analysis FPS: blank
Maximum FPS: 31.00
Source Path: rtsp://user:password@25.50.75.75:88/videoMain
Remote Method: TCP
Target Colorspace: 32 bit color
Capture Width px: 1920
Capture Height px: 1080

Port 443 works also. I was able to get this working with VLC -> Open Network Stream, with and without putting 'user:password' in the URL. Without 'user:password' in the Source Path URL, VLC popped up a login box. I did use a Windows computer to access the R2 and change the IP from DHCP to Static. Pretty sure that was the only change I made.
jeanlikethis

Post by jeanlikethis »

Did anyone enable the PTZ control of R2? I can see the stream but no control yet.

Thanks.