Camera Streaming Not working

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
linuxnutt

Camera Streaming Not working

Post by linuxnutt »

Hello,[img]
ZM Great Product!

I have no streaming images but I have still in the alerts.

I need some help. I have been using ZM since 1.25 on Mint Maya, and everything was working smoothly I have a different setup working ZM 1.30.2 on Mint 18 also working flawlessly. The computer running maya was just reinstalled with Mint 18 running ZM1.30.2. Followed the easy way instructions as I have done previously. https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way and http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/sta ... ming#hints.

I have read the FAQ for Why can’t I see streamed images when I can see stills in the Zone window etc?
- I am not using IE but Firefox.
- Check Apache cgi module is enabled. Check Apache /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf ScriptAlias matches PATH_ZMS.
ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin /usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin

From console go to Options->Path and make sure PATH_ZMS is set to /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms.

From my computer:
Here are my /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf

ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin"
<Directory "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin">
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>

From the ZM Options under Path:
PATH_ZMS Web path to zms streaming server (?) /zm/cgi-bin/nhp-zms

According to these step to be checked I guess I have the correct settings but maybe I have missed something.

Here is a snippet of the log file.
zm-log.txt
(66.91 KiB) Downloaded 1424 times
Anyway I still have no streaming video from ZM when I click on the ZM console > name of the Monitor. I have events and I can see still images just no video. I need some help I'm stumped.

Thanks any help is appreciated.
bbunge

Re: Camera Streaming Not working

Post by bbunge »

Your version of Mint is based on Ubuntu 16.04. Therefore you should use these instructions:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way

I strongly recommend you use tasksel to add LAMP to your desktop and make sure you have plenty of RAM, 4 GIG or more if you plan to run several cameras.

You may not like this but you may be better reinstalling MINT and starting over with Zoneminder.
linuxnutt

Post by linuxnutt »

Thanks for the advice but, there appears to be is some confusion. I followed the easy way instructions for Ubuntu 16.04 and ZM 1.30.2, and installed Lamp with tasksel. The link in my post is the same as the one you gave and it clearly states to use tasksel. Lamp install with taskel is clearly stated in these instructions, "Ubuntu Desktop: You will have to install tasksel in a terminal (sudo apt-get install tasksel) then run tasksel to install OpenSSH Server, and LAMP Server. ".

I was looking at some earlier logs I was getting a strange error
getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()

But this seems to be referring back to the same literature explaining , "FAQ for Why can’t I see streamed images when I can see stills in the Zone window etc?" namely, Check Apache /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf ScriptAlias matches PATH_ZMS.
ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin /usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin. This I have already done and showed in my first post. The log file I attached earlier keeps referring to
Invalid response status 404: Not Found
Unable to get response, disconnecting

I'm just not sure how to read these logs to diagnose my problem so I can fix it.

I keep getting these popups never had these before but they say videostream.cgi ... and I have noticed they seem to be coming from my different cameras as the ip address is different sometimes,
popup2.png
popup2.png (14.24 KiB) Viewed 37805 times
popup.png
popup.png (14.15 KiB) Viewed 37805 times
errorlog.png
errorlog.png (44.67 KiB) Viewed 37805 times

Any suggestions?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

web server problems? Is a Apache running correctly?
linuxnutt

Post by linuxnutt »

Yes apache is working I think correctly at lease this indicates it is.
apacheDefDage.png
apacheDefDage.png (56.4 KiB) Viewed 37802 times
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

I'm having exact same issues ...been reading for days and have dbl and triple checked all my settings it shows as green when i use ffmpeg but just a broken link and same issue in logs
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

what URL are you seeing if you right click the on the broken image and copy the image location? Does this url work at all when used in Firefox? Can you see an image when selecting the Zones editor?
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

rockedge wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:20 pm what URL are you seeing if you right click the on the broken image and copy the image location? Does this url work at all when used in Firefox? Can you see an image when selecting the Zones editor?
URL /zm/zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms was not found on this server. i noticed theres an extra zm/ at beginning is that incorect and if so how do i remove it? maybe thats my problem all along...thanx for any help
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

that url is incorrect! It should be /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms What is the value of Options->Paths->PATH_ZMS again? There is a ScriptAlias adding the extra /zm/? Somewhere in the configuration the path for /cgi-bin is incorrect.
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

rockedge wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:58 pm that url is incorrect! It should be /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms What is the value of Options->Paths->PATH_ZMS again? There is a ScriptAlias adding the extra /zm/? Somewhere in the configuration the path for /cgi-bin is incorrect.
in options on zm monitor this is the path zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms ...as far as script alias i went and looked and didnt see an extra zm is it possible i somehow have 2 scripts going and am not seeing 1? im sorry i am a newb at all this but been at it for days reading things in a circle it seems lol

this is output of /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf

Remember to enable cgi mod (i.e. "a2enmod cgi").
ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin"
<Directory "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin">
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>
Alias /zm /usr/share/zoneminder/www
<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www>
Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>
</Directory>
<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api>
AllowOverride All
</Directory>
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

I was able to view the url after removing the zm from the beginning but now its just a blue screen showing timestamps?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

you are getting much closer to getting it going. The camera may not be totally configured correctly, that is the likely cause of the blue screen.
Somewhere there is an extra ScriptAlias or some url rewrite causing this added /zm/.
Or try this In Options->Paths->PATH_ZMS remove the zm/ so the url is /cgi-bin/nph-zms
restart zoneminder.
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

rockedge wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:31 pm you are getting much closer to getting it going. The camera may not be totally configured correctly, that is the likely cause of the blue screen.
Somewhere there is an extra ScriptAlias or some url rewrite causing this added /zm/.
Or try this In Options->Paths->PATH_ZMS remove the zm/ so the url is /cgi-bin/nph-zms
restart zoneminder.
ok i tried to edit the path in console and received same error about not bein on server but without the zm so i re added it.... as far as the cams they are both usb webcams 1 being logitech webcam c600 and second being microsoft lifecam vx-1000 both show on my ubuntu server but cant access em to see em
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

both usb cams are not being used by another program? correct ownership/permissions? the camera settings such as Capture_Width and Capture_Height must be correct! have you tried the Probe command?

Code: Select all

chown www-data /dev/video0
chown www-data /dev/video1
does your local camera settings look like this?
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

Ok i changed ownership like u suggested restarted ...still same problem as far as connections it will only show green if i use ffmpeg

also i tried the trick with url by removing zm at beginning and now its just a white screen since i changed permissions(update) after another restart i have one that shows after the trick and one thats still blue screen