Cron / Calendar Integration

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi All
would that allow a diifernet look? I assumed it was a personaliled look for you and your cust
Yes James that was my idea, but iam not that sure atm, i need to have a look at some other template stuff to figure out an easy way to do this, i allways try to keep it simple (Dont look at my coding :oops: ).
Very impressive Tom. User interfaces aren't really my strong point so it's always nice to see what other people come up with. Maybe you'd like to add an entry in the Wiki about this if there isn't one there already?
Phill i would love to add a post to the Wiki, but iam a total noob on that area, and i have alot on my mind atm, going to my gradfathers burrial tommorow. Have been using the FrontEnd as an excuse not to think to much about it, so if someone would like to add it it will be fine with me.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I'm very sorry to hear your news.

Actually we are all pretty much Wiki newbies here so the best thing is just to experiment. I will add a placeholder page and perhaps when you have a little more time you can update it with some additional information.
Phil
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi Phil

Thank you for making the place holder in the Wiki, i have now updated that so there is some more info about the frontend.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi All

Iam working on the template part of the FrontEnd, and have desided to start with a minor template integration, and then expand it to a full blow template integration in the "near" future.

This minor integration means that you can only change some images and do alot of CSS changes.

You can make your own templates thru CSS to start with, and then on a later note i will make it so that you can change the design of the whole layout, but that takes alot of work to implement that, so consider that a work in progress.

The release of the CSS template version will happen in the next few days, and will have 2 templates with it, and they are.
1. dvos (the one i use, and all the releases of the FrontEnd uses atm)
2. zm (this one have been made to look alot like ZoneMinder in colours)
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Thanks Tom, I appriciate you even if no-one else does lol!!
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

Thanks, that is good to know. :D
And i appriciate your work on zm4ms, and Phil´s great work on ZoneMinder witch have given us the reason to appriciate each other and all the others that do good work for this great software that is ZoneMinder.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i know mate, all i was meaning is that feedback from all your effort will be small. You will get thousands of downloads but probably only 2 or 3 people will chime in. Nice when they do though as long as its not a bug complaint lol!

James
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi All

Ok here is the release with the CSS Template support, and as allways it can be found Here.

And as allways read the ReadMe.txt inside the distro.

No i havent updated the Screen Shots since the "only" thing changed is visual with the CSS templates.

And as i wrote above there are 2 templates with the distro, but if you make a nice looking one please send it to me and i will incorperate it into the distro.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi All

Version 1.2 have been released.

This fixes a minor bug found in showing/delete users and Cron - Calendar.

And as allways it can be found Here
Best Regards
Tom Stage
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi All

Yes yet another release have made it to my download page, this version supports PHP / Html template, and comes with 2 templates from the start.

The first template is the one i have been using as a default and the one in the Screen Shot.
The second template is very ZoneMinder like, and no there are no screen shots of that as of yet.

And yes i dont have much to do atm (bussiness is slow in the summer) so most of my work go into the FrontEnd atm.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
Teldin

Post by Teldin »

Hi Tom! I am very interested in your work however I'm having 1 problem. I have installed your ZM calendar 1.3 from your website and followed the instructions carefully but it's not letting me log in at the final step. I used the username and password provided in the readme but it keeps saying "Wrong User Name / Password" It's a freash installation of ZM from the liveCD and I have not altered anything. What could be causing this problem?

Thanks.
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi Teldin

A quick and dirty way to make sure that is not a password problem you can change this line in the sql file

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `admin` (`User_ID`, `User_Name`, `Login_Name`, `Password`, `Group`, `User_Language`, `User_Template`) VALUES (1, 'Administrator', 'admin', '51a71aa84f5e79ad', 'Admin', 'en', 'zm'); 
To This

INSERT INTO `admin` (`User_ID`, `User_Name`, `Login_Name`, `Password`, `Group`, `User_Language`, `User_Template`) VALUES (1, 'Administrator', 'admin', 'password', 'Admin', 'en', 'zm'); 
Now the admin user will have the password = password, or you can copy paste this :

51a71aa84f5e79ad
as the password.

There are a small bug in the password handeling atm, but the version iam working on will fix this, and it will proberly be released within a week or two.

The bug is that you have to give a password when you change the user or it will store the password value found in MySql witch is an encoded one.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
Teldin

Post by Teldin »

Sorry Tom but that did not work :( It's still giving the same message. Can it be a permissions issus on some of the folders perhaps? I have chmod calendar/ to +777 to test but that did not work eithor.
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi Teldin

Hmm that is strange.

Could you please check your Apache error log and see what errors there is in there, that will help me with some pointers to what your problem is.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
Teldin

Post by Teldin »

Hi again Tom, I'm back from vacation so I can work on this more. the apache error logs of intrest state:

Directory index forbidden by rule: var/www/html/calendar/

and

Call to undefined function cal_days_in_month(): var/www/html/calendar/calendar.php line 56

Hopefully this will help...