PictureTel PTZ2N/PTZ2P Control Script Beta Now Available

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
gneuf

Post by gneuf »

Probably either a different serial pinout, different initialization sequence, or different hardware I/O (RS422).

I'll know in another few minutes of Googling and scanning the archive of the previous incarnation of this machine. Before this machine died/was reborn, I had an archive of all the PolyCom stuff I'd surfed up...
mrd

Post by mrd »

I can never seem to find any info on these cameras...
MRD
gneuf

Post by gneuf »

I know I had some specifics from an old V2 doc. I just haven't found it yet. Maybe post a picture of it to the Wiki? Worst case I can eavesdrop on another program that *can* control it.
mrd

Post by mrd »

I use the same cable as my 2N on my 4N with another program and it works so at least the pinout should be the same?
MRD
joedee983

PictureTel and 1.23.1

Post by joedee983 »

Is anyone working on a perl module for the new version?

Regards,
mrd

Post by mrd »

New version? I think the old control scripts should still work on the new ZM version. They really don't have much to do with ZM other than to use it's "Debug" mechanism for logging I think.
MRD
gneuf

Post by gneuf »

Two things:

1) I've written the first half of the PTZ2N control script, which works for PTZ - I've still got to code up the Focus, Iris, etc...

2) I haven't installed the newest version of ZM, so I'm not yet familiar with any changes made to the control script setup. If there's adapting to do, I'll have to adapt my 4 control scripts - IP9100, PTZ4N, PTZ2N, and the SNC-M3W - to the new setup.

I won't get to that until this weekend, at the earliest...
joedee983

Post by joedee983 »

Sorry guys, I'm not a coder.

It appears that v1.23.1 uses perl modules for the various camera types. It doesn't appear that the old scripts will work.

Please tell me I'm wrong :)

Joe
mrd

Post by mrd »

Did you ever get to porting those control scripts to 1.23.x?

Just wondering....

Thanks!
MRD
Normando

Post by Normando »

mrd wrote:Did you ever get to porting those control scripts to 1.23.x?

Just wondering....

Thanks!
You can, try it. Look at the new existing modules, and adapt the command controls over the new schema.
mrd

Post by mrd »

yea... I will if Glen hasn't already done it. ;-)
MRD
PowerRanger

ptz-2n files

Post by PowerRanger »

Hello all

I'm a longtime user of zoneminder, but just recently happened across a couple ptz-2n's. As such I'm interested in getting some serial control going to try these out. First problem is I can't extract the files. Can somebody either post the control script in plain text ( I don't think it is that big), or post a file I can run tar -zxvf or tar -xvf on. The files I am getting from the server are only 235 bytes. Also , the wiki links
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... trolScript
to the original version, but a .22 version is in this thread. Was the porting to .23 ever done? That's actually what I'm looking for.

TIA for any help

Mike
mrd

Post by mrd »

I don't think anyone has ported the old scripts to 1.23 yet. I'm actually hoping to work on it next week for the 2N and 4N cameras, but don't hold your breath because I might get too busy.

I can try to add a quick link to the old scripts when I find them if you want them to try out.
MRD
PowerRanger

Post by PowerRanger »

A link to the old files would be great. Ignore the part of my post about the size. I'm actually getting a '404 not found' when I try the original links. I was doing a rt click 'save link as' then trying to extract the 404 error I guess.

Mike
mrd

Post by mrd »

Here is a link to a .tar file.

There are 3 files inside:

The README should apply to both scripts.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/0afcb0/ ... ntrols_tar
MRD