ZM Documentation Updates

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
KRPT_0101

ZM Documentation Updates

Post by KRPT_0101 »

Hello,

I’m relatively new to the zoneminder community and have configured my first zoneminder configuration for my home. I’m interested in potentially supporting the zoneminder project by writing/updating specific portions of zoneminder’s documentation. Since I'm brand new, I'm unable to PM anyone (i.e. developers). Can a developer PM me so I can make some inquiries to get started?

- Chris
knight-of-ni

Re: ZM Documentation Updates

Post by knight-of-ni »

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the project. We could really use the help.
PM is incoming.

Just FYI, if you need quick answers to something, our Slack channel is the best way to get them. There is always someone there during typical US timezone business hours.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

knight-of-ni wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:24 pmJust FYI, if you need quick answers to something, our Slack channel is the best way to get them.
As in Slack.com? Seriously? Come on guys, thats a fee for service outfit, and it prohibits anonymous access! Seems totally counter the whole ZM mindset. Am I misunderstanding?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

The development team has been using Slack, for free, for years, so adding a public Slack workspace, to include everyone else, made sense.
I've seen the blogs out there describing Slack's limitations on their free plan, which we aren't likely to hit.

It's a lot better than the old irc channel, but hey - become part of the development team and you too can participate in the decision making. ;-)
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/