Streaming to TV Solution

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
keyboardgnome

Streaming to TV Solution

Post by keyboardgnome »

Howdy folks-

I was hoping there would be a DLNA option for a while now. I've been hacking at one for about a week now, and I'm still a ways off. In the meantime, this is what I'm using as a solution that other folks might want to replicate for simplicity:

Code is here: http://handorf.org/code/?p=zoneminder.g ... b2a;sf=tgz

I made a simple html interface for all my cameras to be run from raspberry pi's plugged into the TV sets (picture in picture for the win on that), and controlled via an IR remote. Simply get your rpi to boot up, a light weight chrome or firefox (as long as it has JS support), and copy those three files into your ZM server and make a quick config change in the index.html... and you'll be able to use the Channel Up/Down, number pads and 'Enter/OK' button on the remote to quickly view the live feeds. Just remember to full screen the browser :)

Main window shows the active camera feed, with a ribbon of 1 second updated thumbnails from your other configured ZM cameras.

This is my quick fix until I get DLNA working... Hope someone else has value from it.