ANRAN 1/2 MP IP Cameras - China

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
source_code

ANRAN 1/2 MP IP Cameras - China

Post by source_code »

hello all,

i purchased a few "Anran" brand IP cameras from china. These cameras are 1.2 Megapixel in lens quality. Zoneminder wiki has a small page contributed to help users trying to setup this camera. Please check out: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Anran

After following the above link and taking to account, all settings, IP, Username and Password for my; i was able to see video stream working in side ZM. For what i paid for the cameras, i did not quiet expect this good of image quality.

I did however notice that for some reason, the camera video would scramble for a few quick seconds and then come back which generated a lot of false positive while recording with motion detection.

Here are the option changes that helped with making the camera feed stable and do away with video scrambling.

Camera Name: Name
Source Type: Ffmpeg
Function: I have mine set to mocord but this is all up to you
Enabled: checked
maximum fps & alarm fps: both set to blank.
Reference image blend %age: 6.25% if indoor and 12.5% if outdoor. These two worked best for me.
alarm reference image blend %age: 6.25% for me but you could change that to 12.5% but never no blending since it will just record continuously.
Source Path: rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/user=USERNAME&password=PASSWORD_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?tcp
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP/HTTP
Options: BLANK
Target Colorspace: 24bit
Capture Width: 1280
Capture Height: 720
Deinterlacing: Disabled

Hope this helps someone else out there.