Using Foscam inbuilt Motion Detection instead of ZM: HOWTO

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
asker

Using Foscam inbuilt Motion Detection instead of ZM: HOWTO

Post by asker »

I've been benchmarking ZM's software motion detection with the built in Foscam Motion detection in the camera. In general, I've found Foscam's own detection to be much more reliable. This code makes ZM use Foscam HD inbuilt HW motion detection instead of Zoneminder's SW motion detection. This results in lesser false positives, and also reduces system load on the ZM installation.

I've set up a github repository and documentation here.

Built-In Foscam HD Motion Detection with ZM

This is the first time I've used github to create anything, so I hope I set it up right.

Please read the Wiki in that page for setup instructions. Please also see the Bugs page in the Wiki

Please note setup is involved, so if you don't know how triggers work, please don't try it - I don't want you to mess up your system :D

As always, I welcome contributions and further tips from folks who know how ZM works to help me fine tune it.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs