FreeBSD 10 port for ZM 1.25

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
achix

FreeBSD 10 port for ZM 1.25

Post by achix »

Hi again,

i was one of the persons (achix) dealing with a never published ZM port back in 1.23 days.
While i think that the (once working) local analog camera code (meteo/bktr) is pretty much dead and never to wake up again,
i thought of giving ZM a new try, in FBSD 10, this time with wifi digital cams.

I noticed some ppl tried to compile the thing and failed. I had failures with the existing patches and clang, but somehow
i managed to compile with gcc47, g++47 and some additional patches or enhancements of existing patches.

I would be glad to give back the patches, and also report any success with actual WIFI cameras (since i have none at the moment).

Just a headsup that somebody is looking on this.
achix

Re: FreeBSD 10 port for ZM 1.25

Post by achix »

I just want to announce that i was able to capture video out of a Vivotek IP8362, using the HTTP method. Also i was able to test simple alarm cases.
It was not straight forward, i had the same things happening on my ubuntu laptop as well, and guess what, still no image in the ubuntu zoneminder 1.26 :lol:
On FreeBSD i had to tell Vivotek IP8362 exactly my intented resolution, make sure that this was i was getting, and put the same exact settings in the ZM camera configuration as well.

So, in order to make this work i had to apply some additional patches to zoneminder, which i attach as files.tar.bz2 .

Settings follow :

source type : remote
max fps : 20
alarm max fps : 20
remote protocol : HTTP
remote method : simple
remote host : <cam's host name without protocol/url info>
remote host port : 80
remote host path : /cgi-bin/viewer/video.jpg?resolution=544x240
Remote image colors : 24-bit
Capture width : 544
Capture height : 240
Image buffer size : 50
warmup frames : 25
pre event image count : 25
post even image count : 50
Stream replay immage buffer : 1000
Alarm frame count : 4
Attachments
files.tar.bz2
patches for zm 1.25, FreeBSD 10
(19.13 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
achix

Post by achix »

Also success for D-link DCS-932L.
remote host path : image.jpg
sajjad321

Post by sajjad321 »

I tried to upload the file three times: the system answered that upload was successful, but I can't see the file neither.

So I tried to paste it in a reply, but the system answered:
"Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs".

Even removing the unique url, I get the same result.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Howdy,

I've been slowly working on BSD support for zm, but would welcome your help ongoing.

Please go to https://github.com/ZoneMinder, because that's where development is going on.

In the meantime, I'll try to integrate your files.
achix

Post by achix »

Hey that's cool. What exactly are you working on?
Hilbe

Post by Hilbe »

Hoping for FreeBSD support in the near future. The 1.25 port is very dated for FreeBSD. iconnor, will you be taking over port owner status and updating it to 1.28.x series?
achix

Post by achix »

Hilbe wrote:Hoping for FreeBSD support in the near future. The 1.25 port is very dated for FreeBSD. iconnor, will you be taking over port owner status and updating it to 1.28.x series?
That's not the way FreeBSD ports work. iConnor is supposed to find the port inside FreeBSD and either make a new one for 1.28 or update via patches the existing one, in order to successfully compile and run zoneminder. I cannot exactly where the git repo stands in that. The git repo for the port would only be the starting-fetching point. If I find time this weekend, I might try a port for 1.28.
Hilbe

Post by Hilbe »

Thank you! I'm using a Behyve CentOS VM with ZM 1.28.1 until an updated FreeBSD port is available. Appreciate your help.
achix

Post by achix »

Hilbe wrote:Thank you! I'm using a Behyve CentOS VM with ZM 1.28.1 until an updated FreeBSD port is available. Appreciate your help.
I salute your loyalty to FreeBSD, however I think that there is not much value in doing this port, unless more people show some interest.