New Skin Available - Feedback wanted

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
jameswilson

Re: New Skin Available - Feedback wanted

Post by jameswilson »

looks good. Maybe we should have a skin area etc. I dont think all skins should be made part of zm though. Everyone has different requirements etc
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
arc

Post by arc »

I agree that not all skins should be part of ZoneMinder, but I was struck with just how awkward it was for me to use ZoneMinder's current set of views for the day-to-day stuff I needed. The current set of ZM views (and features) are great and it provides everything I would want/need, but it does it piecemeal, and seems like it could use something more integrated for day-to-day use cases. However, this might really just depend on exactly what ZoneMInder is intended to be.

1) ZoneMinder is just supposed to be the engine, and add-on skins are supposed to address specific user requirements. Then a separate repository of skins makes sense.

2) It is meant to also provide something for the most common use cases. Then it comes down to how to define "common" and/or measure what is or is not common.

My comment about hoping the ARC Console became part of the ZM offering was meant to be indirect relating to the second item. I was/am hoping it becomes useful for enough people, that it would eventually meet a popularity requirement that ZM would feel it was a nice set of views to provide as part of the base install.

-tony
lucasnegrao

Post by lucasnegrao »

hey arc, first id like to thank you for making your skin available - i really love ZM but i too think it isnt great for interfacing with users - so any skin development is welcome. second, i'd like to say i installed your skin on my .26 installation but it isn't working - i dont know if it is a web browser thing or a zm problem, but with safari and chrome (i use mac) i get no functionality - the buttons click but they don't seem to do anything. attached you have a sshot.

lucas
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 2.37.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 2.37.42 PM.png (33.44 KiB) Viewed 12980 times
DigitalDeviant

Post by DigitalDeviant »

lucasnegrao wrote:hey arc, first id like to thank you for making your skin available - i really love ZM but i too think it isnt great for interfacing with users - so any skin development is welcome. second, i'd like to say i installed your skin on my .26 installation but it isn't working - i dont know if it is a web browser thing or a zm problem, but with safari and chrome (i use mac) i get no functionality - the buttons click but they don't seem to do anything. attached you have a sshot.

lucas
Same here on Windows with Firefox.
arc

Post by arc »

I'm running on .25, so that's one obvious difference. I'll get a machine running .26 and see if I can reproduce.

I appreciate the feedback and I'll update you if I discover anything. I hope to get to it in the next week or two.
lucasnegrao wrote:hey arc, first id like to thank you for making your skin available - i really love ZM but i too think it isnt great for interfacing with users - so any skin development is welcome. second, i'd like to say i installed your skin on my .26 installation but it isn't working - i dont know if it is a web browser thing or a zm problem, but with safari and chrome (i use mac) i get no functionality - the buttons click but they don't seem to do anything. attached you have a sshot.

lucas
miguelrt

Post by miguelrt »

Hi folks, I'm really looking to have the ARC Console working in 1.26.5, but I'm experiencing the same problem. Any updates on how to fix it for this ZM version? I'm seriously considering downgrade to 1.25 to use this skin! :)
arc

Post by arc »

FYI: I've updated the ARC Console for version 1.27 and you can get it here:

https://github.com/cassandra/arc-console/releases

I found and fixed the issue with the 1.26 issue previously reported.
asker

Post by asker »

arc, have you tested this skin on 1.28.1? I'd be happy to try myself, but curious if you know if it works already.
Last edited by asker on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

Did a quick test - looks like 1.28 has changed the DB structure - various DB queries fail with this skin. But I love the concept of one window showing it all. Hope you decide to make it work on 1.28 :-)

BTW any way you can apply the flat design styling to your CSS?
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
brononius

Post by brononius »

I'm trying this out on zoneminder 1.31.1.
After change the " in some php files, it's working at first sight (more info).

Only issue I still have is that all buttons are 'waiting'... So some extra testing/debugging is needed. :$
vernxx

Post by vernxx »

Any further with getting this working? Ive tried it by changing the " in the files mentioned in the link, is there others that need changing? It doesnt load a page up for me so maybe Im missing something obvious. Ubuntu 16.04 with ZM 130.4
pyr0ball

Post by pyr0ball »

I just tried this as well. It looks to me like this skin is missing views that have since been added to zoneminder, as well as a few other things. I'm not very proficient at Web design or css, but I can do debugging and testing on Linux if someone can take a fork with the necessary edits