ZoneMinder Client Mobile Application for Android

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
kevin186

Re: ZoneMinder Client Mobile Application for Android

Post by kevin186 »

Glad that it is finally working for you. I found another bug with the snapshot burst. When I was working with iOS, the bug showed up, but never affected my android. I cleaned it up and it should be good to go.

I would love to be able to add PTZ features to the app, but I do not have a PTZ camera to test with. I just spent a few minutes looking at the source code of the classic skin, but the PTZ parts didn't jump out at me. I would probably need to take a look at the rendered html code to see exactly what zoneminder is doing so that I can mimic it.
TheKorn

Post by TheKorn »

Well, if you can stomach the idea of learning how to set up & use a PPTP VPN, offer is still open! ;)

(I even use PTZ presets, ooOOoooOOoo!)
patpend

Post by patpend »

Hi Kevin, I'm new to zoneminder and want to thank you for your android app. Keep up the good work! Thanks, Russ
brianchevy

Post by brianchevy »

I have to tell you guys, i LOVE ZMC better than the web interface. I'm having all kinds of issues with the Web Interface but after following your directions this ZMC works like a champ. ALL THE TIME.

WONDERFUL application.. really.. you should charge for it, because i'd pay.

:)
kevin186

Post by kevin186 »

I just tried the old android app and old custom skin in a new install using ubuntu 15.10 and zoneminder 1.29 and it works, surprisingly. Live streaming 13 mjpeg streams. Maybe someday I will find my old code and rebuild the app. And sorry for never releasing my ios version, ran out of time to get it polished enough for public consumption, and then lost interest.