Zoneminder RPM & SRPMS for Red Hat & CentOS 6

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
lpallard

Re: Zoneminder RPM & SRPMS for Red Hat & CentOS 6

Post by lpallard »

Some more...
Attachments
zm6.jpeg
zm6.jpeg (122.95 KiB) Viewed 8463 times
zm5.jpeg
zm5.jpeg (116.67 KiB) Viewed 8463 times
zm4.jpeg
zm4.jpeg (91.4 KiB) Viewed 8463 times
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Back to your first screenshot...
You *cannot* tell zoneminder to record to a folder outside your webroot! This is by design (security reasons), and is not allowed for any process (not just zoneminder). You don't want your apache user to be able to access your entire filesystem.

So set DIR_EVENTS back to "events" and set DIR_IMAGES back to "images".
To save your events to a network location, mount your network share directly to /var/lib/zoneminder/events
Do the same thing for the images folder if you really want to, but there rarely is anything under that folder.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
lpallard

Post by lpallard »

Fixed the paths back to defaults but its not helping...

oops clicked submit too fast!

I will try to see if i can find a trace somewhere of whats going on.... weird.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Everything else in your screenshots looks good.
If you still are having issues, I would go back to that previously known good state. Then change things to the way you want, one step at a time.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
lpallard

Post by lpallard »

User authentication is responsible for the issue!

GO figure, I dunno! I tested 5 or 6 times, enable authentication with Hash secret passphrase, set admin password, restart zoneminder service, and bam! live stream is gone.

I deactivate auth, restart zoneminder service, and live stream is back.

You have an idea whats going on? I suspect permission issues but how does ZM manages perms?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

lpallard wrote:User authentication is responsible for the issue!

GO figure, I dunno! I tested 5 or 6 times, enable authentication with Hash secret passphrase, set admin password, restart zoneminder service, and bam! live stream is gone.

I deactivate auth, restart zoneminder service, and live stream is back.

You have an idea whats going on? I suspect permission issues but how does ZM manages perms?
It's working fine on my machine, but my secret passphrase is all standard alpha characters... are there any special characters in your hash secret passphrase?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

@lpallard
If you could share whether or not you have used characters in your passphrase that are not standard alphanumeric, it would be helpful. I would not be surprised if this is a bug of some sort, but we first need to isolate exactly what is causing it.
lpallard

Post by lpallard »

Sorry buddy for not replying earlier.... I have been running around a lot lately and couldnt login here before...

No, my passphrase is not using strange characters (like punctuation symbols) only alphanumeric with both upper & lower case

A good example (not the actual passphrase lol) would be:

"EF1eHq8VLs3WPG3MZzXO8MYnQN6qKxqbcwAk"

I use password generators to generate these... Its 36 characters long.

Anything else you need please let me know because I enjoy helping improve ZM even if I have VERY little coding skills.... :(

Cheers!
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Hmmmm... let me ask you this.
Does your system work when you use the default secret?
which is:
...Change me to something unique...
lpallard

Post by lpallard »

Hmmmm I think we're getting somewhere...

Yes it does work! You think something's wrong with some hash libraries?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate the issue you are experiencing.
I have tried the following secrets on both 32 & 64 bit machines, and they have all worked for me:
  • ...Change me to something unique...
  • blah
  • EF1eHq8VLs3WPG3MZzXO8MYnQN6qKxqbcwAk
  • This is a very long passphrase. I wonder if it will work!

Here are the steps I took:
1) change the secret to a new value
2) hit save
3) restart zoneminder
4) wait ~10 seconds and verify I can see a camera stream. My camera uses ffmpeg and they take a bit to "warm up".
5) repeat
lpallard

Post by lpallard »

hey knnniggett

I haven't had a chance yet to test the passphrase issue but will do.

In the meantime, do you have an idea what could be causing picture corruption on the stream? (See attached screenshots of the replay events).

In a week, almost 600 events were generated and recorded and 585 (roughly) were false alarms caused by picture corruption as seen on the attached screenshots.

FFMpeg :

[code]ffmpeg version 0.10.15 Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers
built on Aug 30 2014 15:49:19 with gcc 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-3)
configuration: --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --datadir=/usr/share/ffmpeg --incdir=/usr/include/ffmpeg --libdir=/usr/lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man --arch=x86_64 --extra-cflags='-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic' --enable-bzlib --disable-crystalhd --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libcdio --enable-libcelt --enable-libdc1394 --disable-indev=jack --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-openal --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libpulse --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libv4l2 --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --enable-avfilter --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --disable-debug --disable-stripping --shlibdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-runtime-cpudetect
libavutil 51. 35.100 / 51. 35.100
libavcodec 53. 61.100 / 53. 61.100
libavformat 53. 32.100 / 53. 32.100
libavdevice 53. 4.100 / 53. 4.100
libavfilter 2. 61.100 / 2. 61.100
libswscale 2. 1.100 / 2. 1.100
libswresample 0. 6.100 / 0. 6.100
libpostproc 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100
[/code]

[code]Linux centos-server1 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Sep 9 21:36:05 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux[/code]

Camera:

Trendnet TV-IP572PI connected to Gigabit directly to server via 40ft cable

Corruptions happens both using daylight and night vision from the camera...
Thanks!

[b]EDIT: Sorry I would like to attach some screnshots but this board is stupid beyond imaginable and wont let me reattach pictures after problems with my router.[/b]
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

* BUMP *

Zoneminder 1.28.0 has been released.
The new RPM's are available from zmprepo.
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... ed_distros

If you have not converted over to zmrepo, first disable the rpmforge, rpmfusion, and epel repos. You can yum remove their package names, or set "enabled=0" in each of the appropriate repo files under /etc/yum.repos.d.

I recommend you continue to use yum-priorities and set the priority of zmrepo to something large like 50.
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Is there some documentation for upgrading the zm install on various distros? My system is running 1.27 on SciLinux 6.5. I'm thinking of upgrading the system to SciLinux 7 soon but might wait.

Guess what I'm really needing is a way to backup all my config info so I can upgrade the OS and/or zm installs and be able to restore the config. Not worried about maintaining any event info or data, just the config.
DigitalDeviant

Post by DigitalDeviant »

BiloxiGeek wrote:Is there some documentation for upgrading the zm install on various distros? My system is running 1.27 on SciLinux 6.5. I'm thinking of upgrading the system to SciLinux 7 soon but might wait.

Guess what I'm really needing is a way to backup all my config info so I can upgrade the OS and/or zm installs and be able to restore the config. Not worried about maintaining any event info or data, just the config.
I'm throwing in my request for a repo for RHEL7 and any of the downstream versions like CentOS and SciLinux. I had to rebuild my server that ran my DVR and ZM is one of the few things not taking to CentOS 7 well.