Zoneminder RPM & SRPMS for Red Hat & CentOS 6

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
knight-of-ni

Re: Zoneminder RPM & SRPMS for Red Hat & CentOS 6

Post by knight-of-ni »

I'd love to have a zoneminder RPM for RHEL 7, but I cannot build one until RPM's are made available for ZoneMinder's Dependencies.

Here is a list of all the rpm's zoneminder needs for centos 6 that are not in the cetos base/updates repo:
http://zmrepo.connortechnology.com/el/6/x86_64/

Most of those RPM's are mirrored from the RPMFusion repo. However, the RPMFusion repo does not yet support RHEL 7.

You want a zoneminder rpm for RHEL 7?
Then start with the names of the packages in the the link above, go to the RPMFusion Fedora 20 repo, manually download each RPM Source package, and then "rpmbuild --rebuild" each one. Note however, each package will have many dependencies, and those dependencies will have dependencies... this will be a very time consuming operation.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

How clean do you think an upgrade to 1.28 will go if I installed via the Centos instructions before zmrepo became available? I haven't set up zmrepo yet, just curious if I can relatively safely switch to that and upgrade. That would let me keep up with zm while running SciLinux 6.[56] and waiting for SciLinux 7.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Like I mentioned a few posts back, if you have previously installed zoneminder via the old method and want to switch over to zmrepo, then disable rpmforge, rpmfusiion, and epel and then install zmrepo.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

lpallard wrote:Hmmmm I think we're getting somewhere...

Yes it does work! You think something's wrong with some hash libraries?
New information. Someone else was having a similar issue. He solved it by turning off AUTH_HASH_IPS.
It wasn't hased authentication causing the issue by itself, but having hased on and AUTH_HASH_IPS on at the same time.
lpallard

Post by lpallard »

Hey knigggett

I'lll try what you suggested for the auth hash issue, but in the meantime I had to migrate ZM to a new centos VM and I am having an issue to connect to MySQL..

ZM is now installed on a Centos 6.6 minimal installl and all went fine. I have modified the /etc/zm.conf file as needed to connect to my MariaDB server running on a remote machine, started the services (httpd and zoneminder) but when I try to access http://server-ip/zm I get

Unable to connect to ZM db.SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'centos-database' (13)

centos-database is essentially the VM running the MariaDB server.. All other VM's and services are able to access MariaDB perfectly.

/etc/zm.conf contains:

# Path to installed data directory, used mostly for finding DB upgrade scripts
ZM_PATH_DATA=/usr/share/zoneminder

# Path to ZoneMinder binaries
ZM_PATH_BIN=/usr/bin

# Path to ZoneMinder libraries (none at present, for future use)
ZM_PATH_LIB=/usr/lib64

# Path to ZoneMinder configuration (this file only at present)
ZM_PATH_CONF=/etc

# Path to ZoneMinder web files
ZM_PATH_WEB=/usr/share/zoneminder/www

# Path to ZoneMinder cgi files
ZM_PATH_CGI=/usr/libexec/zoneminder/cgi-bin

# Username and group that web daemon (httpd/apache) runs as
ZM_WEB_USER=apache
ZM_WEB_GROUP=apache

# ZoneMinder database type: so far only mysql is supported
ZM_DB_TYPE=mysql

# ZoneMinder database hostname or ip address
ZM_DB_HOST=centos-database

# ZoneMinder database name
ZM_DB_NAME=zm

# ZoneMinder database user
ZM_DB_USER=zoneminder

# ZoneMinder database password
ZM_DB_PASS=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

# Host of this machine
ZM_SERVER_HOST=

I have tried with the actual IP of the SQL server but its doing the same. I have checked that the user "zoneminder" has all rights to the zm database and its OK (anyways I would expect a access denied error if it were a permission issue at the SQL server level). The error I am getting indicates more of a connection issue.. I can also connect to the SQL server using the same credentials as in zm.conf from the CLI so this is not a connection issue between machines and its not a credential/permission issue ...

What would it be?

[b]EDIT: I have logged in the SQL server and looked at MariaDB's log and I see tons of similar error messages when I start or stop zoneminder service:

141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2175 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2174 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2192 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2195 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2203 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2204 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2200 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2205 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2194 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:03:50 [Warning] Aborted connection 2193 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:04:20 [Warning] Aborted connection 2233 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:04:20 [Warning] Aborted connection 2234 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:04:20 [Warning] Aborted connection 2242 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)
141116 16:04:20 [Warning] Aborted connection 2243 to db: 'zm' user: 'zoneminder' host: 'centos-surveillance' (Unknown error)[/b]