alarmcp (home burglar alarm system)

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
ilisepe1

alarmcp (home burglar alarm system)

Post by ilisepe1 »

Hello all,

In case anyone is interested, I've created a kind-of-add-on for zoneminder, with which you can arm/disarm zm just like a normal home burglar alarm system. I named the project alarmcp (alarm control panel).
The whole system consists of 2 major parts:
1) The frontend, which is the actual alarm control panel. This is basically a web page, written in
php/ajax/js, where the user enters the PIN in order to arm/disarm the alarm.
2) The backend, written in perl, which actually monitors/filters the output logs of zm and whenever the conditions/alarms meet the configuration policy it triggers the alarm (email, siren, sms, whatever).

Anyone interested could give it a try: www . elsevie . gr/ilias/alarmcp_v0.2.tar.gz
(I couldn't add the actual url, because I was getting this error msg: Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.)

It's published under GPL2, so you may do whatever you want with it.
Feel free to share any comments with me, but keep in mind that the whole project is very young (basically it took me a weekend of programming) so there is plenty of space for improvements:-)

I've also uploaded a screenshot to give you a brief idea.

[attachment=0]alarmcp_screenshot.jpg[/attachment]

That's all
Thanks
ilias
Attachments
alarmcp screenshot (not armed)
alarmcp screenshot (not armed)
alarmcp_screenshot.jpg (25.58 KiB) Viewed 2648 times
nightcrawler

Re: alarmcp (home burglar alarm system)

Post by nightcrawler »

nice feature :) will try to use it in my homeseer touchscreen domotica system!
Zoneminder @Ubuntu 11 server, ZM 1.25.0 , FFMPEG, 4 Analoge cameras, 1.6ghz P4mobile, 2GB ram, 60GB-HDD.
I also have an (homeseer) domotica system up-and-running with touchscreens,light controllers,weather forecast etc.