DreamBox Enigma 2 Plugin that works with Zoneminder

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
leslierad

DreamBox Enigma 2 Plugin that works with Zoneminder

Post by leslierad »

Hi Guys,

Thought I would share this with those looking for the same thing as I spent over a week trying to get Zoneminder to display at the touch of a button on my Dreambox which runs on Enigma2.

Had some issues with the spam filter being a new user so xxx=h t t p and yyy=. c o m (sorry, maybe a mod can alter that if they find the info useful)

The link below contains a plugin named IPCamViewer for Enigma2 that enables you to watch your cameras via a dreambox E2 or other Enigma2 devices (dreambox 800se etc) - Full credits to Shumifan50 for the plugin, I will just show you how to config settings for zoneminder.

Code: Select all

xxx://i-have-a-dreambox.yyy/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=151639&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1

To configure the plugin correctly simply install the .ipkg from the link above

Then configure /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IPCamViewer/IPCamViewer.conf

to suite your config, mine worked as follows:

{command}{foscam1.snapshot}{/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=16&user=admin&pass=admin}
{command}{foscam1.protocol}{xxx://}
{command}{foscam2.snapshot}{/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=22&user=admin&pass=admin}
{command}{foscam2.protocol}{xxx://}
{command}{foscam3.snapshot}{/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=20&user=admin&pass=admin}
{command}{foscam3.protocol}{xxx://}
{command}{foscam4.snapshot}{/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=21&user=admin&pass=admin}
{command}{foscam4.protocol}{xxx://}
{camera}{192.168.1.120}{foscam1}{Gate}{admin}{admin}
{camera}{192.168.1.120}{foscam2}{Pool-Garden}{admin}{admin}
{camera}{192.168.1.120}{foscam3}{Front-Door}{admin}{admin}
{camera}{192.168.1.120}{foscam4}{Side}{admin}{admin}
This will work if the your URLS can be viewed in your browser in the example above mine were:

xxx://192.168.1.120/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=16&user=admin&pass=admin
xxx://192.168.1.120/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=22&user=admin&pass=admin
xxx://192.168.1.120/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=20&user=admin&pass=admin
xxx://192.168.1.120/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=21&user=admin&pass=admin

To find the correct URL to use from Zoneminder with Firefox from the ZM console page click on each monitor eg. Monitor-1
then right click on the image of your camera then click view image
you will see the monitor number to use from the url in the browser window.
Then use this format

xxx//yourIP/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=XX&user=yy&pass=zz

yourIP=your IP
xx=Monitor number as explained above
yy=User name
zz=Password

One last thing to note is that I used foscam1 thru 4 in my config, you can use any word/s to describe your camera/s in that field.

My hardware used:
- Geovision GV800 DVR 4 cameras attached (not IP cameras but apparently this plugin is designed for Dreambox IP cams)
- Ubuntu 11.10 32bit
- Dreambox 800SE HD
daffodil1003

Re: DreamBox Enigma 2 Plugin that works with Zoneminder

Post by daffodil1003 »

Thank you so much for the post.