ZoneMinder Client Firefox Extension Testers Needed

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
kevin186

ZoneMinder Client Firefox Extension Testers Needed

Post by kevin186 »

Hi. I am adding some new features to my firefox extension simply known as zoneminder client. I would like it if some people could test out my latest version before I release it. One of the features I am adding is the ability to automatically reload stalled jpeg image streams after your computer wakes up. I don't know about you, but when I have the montage or any other camera page open on my zoneminder server, if my computer goes to sleep and then I wake it up, all of the jpeg image streams are frozen. The other feature I am adding is the ability to load the camera jpeg image streams in a sidebar. This is so that I can keep an eye on my cameras while doing regular web surfing and not have to switch between windows. You can also right click on an image in the sidebar and activate/deactivate the alarms. This was meant to be used in jpeg mode only. Please let me know if it works for you.

Just to recap,

Features being added in version 0.3.0:
Load images in sidebar for easy viewing, plus right click on the images to activate alarms
Automatically reload stalled jpeg image stream when the computer wakes up

Download link:
http://dvr-security.net/zoneminder-clie ... ion-0-3-0/

Thanks.

p.s. The thread describing details of the previous 2 versions is at http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 11&p=72165
AllenTuttle

Re: ZoneMinder Client Firefox Extension Testers Needed

Post by AllenTuttle »

Loaded version 0.3.0 on my an XP and a RHEL4 box.
Looks promising on the XP box.
Testing the 'watchdog' on XP I get alarm popups from the XP toolbar but clicking on them does nothing.
--------
On the RHEL4 machine it will appear to 'Import Groups' okay but doesn't retain the info.
Bummer.
I recall seeing 'AddThis' asking for access on initial install, I did not allow it on the Linux box.
Removing then reinstalling the app did not result in bringing up your initial install screen.
Also, I'm not clear why 'AddThis' should be allowed access.....
kevin186

Post by kevin186 »

AllenTuttle wrote:Loaded version 0.3.0 on my an XP and a RHEL4 box.
Looks promising on the XP box.
Testing the 'watchdog' on XP I get alarm popups from the XP toolbar but clicking on them does nothing.
--------
On the RHEL4 machine it will appear to 'Import Groups' okay but doesn't retain the info.
Bummer.
I recall seeing 'AddThis' asking for access on initial install, I did not allow it on the Linux box.
Removing then reinstalling the app did not result in bringing up your initial install screen.
Also, I'm not clear why 'AddThis' should be allowed access.....
Thanks for the valuable feedback.

I am sorry about the problems on XP, as I only had some Windows Vista and 7 to test it on. If you wouldn't mind testing it further, I would need you to open the Error Console(Ctrl+Shift+J) to see what exception or error code it outputs when you click the alert service popup for the alarm warning. The best way to do this would be to only have one tab open to about:blank so that you are not getting thousands of warning which might bury the data that we actually want to see. Even opening to your zoneminder in a tab will produce lots of warnings. So after clearing all of the existing warnings by pressing the clear button, you can turn on the watchdog and wait for the alarm alert popup. Clicking on it should produce some type of error in the console. That error code should give me a clue to what the problem is.

About the RHEL machine, in the prefwindow where you imported the monitors and groups, is there 2 buttons( ok and cancel) ? I am trying to figure out the setup because some OS's have instant apply, and some only have one button. I may have to make a "save" button, which would not be very hard to implement.

Thanks.
kevin186

Post by kevin186 »

I just ran zoneminder client 0.3.0 in a fedora 16 live cd. I see that in the prefwindow, there is no ok and cancel buttons, just a close button. This is because the instant apply setting is defaulted to true. If you wanted to temporarily be able to save the imported groups of monitors, go to about:config, navigate to browser.preferences.instantApply and set it to false so that the ok/cancel buttons will appear in the prefwindow. I will make a fix for this by making a "store" button appear in the prefwindow if your instant apply is set to true. Thanks for catching the bug.
kevin186

Post by kevin186 »

I updated zoneminder client 0.3.0 to work if the instant apply is set to true or false, so there should be no problem now with firefox and RHEL. It is available for download at http://dvr-security.net/zoneminder-clie ... wnloadLink.
AllenTuttle

Post by AllenTuttle »

Your update works well, groups now and WatchDog popup links working in Firefox 9.0.1 on XP and Firefox 3.6.26 on RHEL4.
Having groups lets me use your Sidebar and WatchDog features effectively.
--
I 'll be testing on a current version of Firefox on XP and Fedora 16 later.
Nice work!