timestamps for IP video

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
cclarkeMDI

timestamps for IP video

Post by cclarkeMDI »

Hi all,
I haven't started using ZM yet, but I've been reading about it for a few hours now. There is an issue that I'm unsure of, and it is a critical piece of the puzzle for me.

Does video from IP camera, stored by ZM, have a timestamp?
Is there a way that I can have another process request 30 seconds of video, from IP Camera #1, starting at 12:34:01 on Aug 30, 2011?
If both answers are yes, where does that time get set? By the camera? Is it embedded in the image data? Is it stored by ZM?

Thank you, and newbie apologies, Chris
Chris Clarke
cclarke@mobiledetect(dot)com
Flasheart

Re: timestamps for IP video

Post by Flasheart »

Timestamps can be generated by the ip camera itself or overlaid by zoneminder, choice is yours.

Scheduling specific times: Yes, it can be done. Set up a monitor (you can have multiple per ip camera btw, so you could have one recording all the time as well) and use cron to schedule a call to zmtrigger to switch that monitor from "Monitor" to "Record" to start recording, and another call to stop.
cclarkeMDI

Post by cclarkeMDI »

Great! Thank you for the help.

I'm thinking about buying two cameras to do some testing with. Specifically, D-Link Wireless-N IP Camera (DCS-932L). Will it do time-stamping for me? I don't see that in its specs.

thanks again, Chris
Chris Clarke
cclarke@mobiledetect(dot)com
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Tick or untic "TIMESTAMP_ON_CAPTURE" setting in options::config. NTP can be used for accuracy of ZM machine; cameras can also support the time protocols.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Yes the DLink does support NTP:
http://mydlink.dlink.com/DCS932L#tab2
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (38.61 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
bb99

Post by bb99 »

It does appear that the 930L works in ZM but can't verify the 932L
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link
Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-1.png (42.34 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
kloger

Post by kloger »

Hidden spy cameras have been adapted for years for a long time. They originally used by the spy in the war back. They are so expensive, so it is difficult to install and use, only the government institutions and law enforcement personnel may use them. Recently they have become easier to use and a lot less expensive, due to the progress of technology in this field.