openSuSE RPMs for ZoneMinder 1.25.0 are now available

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
monex

openSuSE RPMs for ZoneMinder 1.25.0 are now available

Post by monex »

Hi,

RPM's for the new ZoneMinder version 1.25.0 are now available in the repositories. Installation/upgrade instructions can be found in the wiki.

Short summarize of the upgrade instructions:
  • To upgrade your current ZoneMinder RPM install, just stop ZoneMinder, install the new package and run zm_database_init which will the automatic call the original zm database upgrade script after path checking to the db scripts. (If your path in the config file is wrong zm_database_init will autocorrect the path. all you have to do is to answer the question for that with "y" or "yes"). After that start ZoneMinder by typing "rczm start" and all is done.
  • The name has changed for the MP package. So if you want to upgrade the MP package you have to copy the old config by typing "cp /etc/zm.conf.rpmsave /etc/zm.conf" before you call zm_database_init. If you started ZoneMinder on boot then you have to rerun "chkconfig zm on".
  • if you just want to update the database the traditional ZoneMinder way (it's recommended to use the wrapper zm_database_init script), edit /etc/zm.conf and change the version to the the new one (1.24.4) and check that ZM_PATH_BUILD is set to /srv/www/htdocs/zm. Then run "zmupdate.pl" and remove the lock file "rm -f /srv/www/htdocs/zm/lock" and start ZoneMinder.
openSuSE 11.3:
http://liquid-co.de/pub/suse/repositories/11.3/

openSuSE 11.4:
http://liquid-co.de/pub/suse/repositories/11.4/

You can also try to use the one click install feature:

And for the MP version:

The old versions were moved to the legacy directory path if you still want to install these versions. Keep in mind that there's no downgrading path for the database schema.

If you find some bugs please report this in the forums and mention that you are using the RPM's :)

Have a lot of Fun

Dirk
trumee

Re: openSuSE RPMs for ZoneMinder 1.25.0 are now available

Post by trumee »

Thanks Dirk. I was trying to use your packages but had few issues

1. Please could you enable the mmap functionality which is the default. Perl-Sys-Mmap package is now available in devel:languages:perl repository. Shm doesnt work very well.
2. Perl sftp module is also available

Thanks
trumee

Post by trumee »

Just realised that Mythzoneminder doesnt work with mmap. So guess i will have to live with shm :(
monex

Post by monex »

Hi,

yes that's the problem, the shm method is more compatible to shmviewer and with MythTv.

I haven't tested the sftp module yet. If the perl-sftp module is needed for this I would add it to the recommends of the package.

Have a lot of fun
Dirk
Barry Jackson

Post by Barry Jackson »

Hi,
I've been dissecting your spec file (trying to learn something) and I think there is a problem with line 166 (see line 177).
Yes - I have donated!
monex

Post by monex »

Hi,

yes you are right there is/was an error in the spec file. It should not affect the installation because the commands are executed in the listed order but it is not correct :)