jZMConsole V0.2B Available

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

I have already answered punk_ecas request for the source code in http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... c&start=30, and via a PM request. My answer has not changed, so I see no reason to respond to his repeated requests.

Once more, with some clarification, I may decide to publish the Java source code in the future, or I may not. Right now it is still beta, and needs lots of cleanup and comments added, so it wouldn't be much use to him anyway.

When (and if) I decide to make the source code available, I will let everyone know.

Andy
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

Ok Andy, sorry! I've understood the message wrongly, I thought you said that on the next release you will post the code also. Once again, sorry about being boring.

newvisionantenna, I already have a key of your DVD. Now i'm running your previous version with kubuntu 8.04.
I'm waiting that you can take this ZM client working on your new release.

I've tried this client on my ZM but I have the same problem, i can login and manage everything but the video doesn't appear.

Thus this looks similar with my hashed auth mode problem, i guess in some way this could being related.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Thanks to newvisionantenna, I have identified and fixed the problem.

My system has ZM installed in the server root directory, so I did not have the issue, but if it is installed in a sub directory, the jZMConsole client incorrectly identified /cgi-bin, so it was unable to connect properly to the streaming server.

I have uploaded V0.2.3B to Sourceforge, please give it a try if you have been unable to get jZMConsole to display video.

I also fixed the config.php issue.

Newvisionantenna: Again, many thanks for allowing me to access your system. I can see your cameras nicely when I run the client on my Windows box now. It should work fine for you too if you install the upgrade.

Andy
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

Just amazing, installed the windows client on xp and vista and it's working perfect. I sent you a PM, can't wait to see what's in store for future updates. This really brings it home for windows users and presents a professional looking GUI that will allow access to any Zoneminder install in the world.

edit: I'm playing around with it right now and see that it lets you view events as well as some other cool features with the colum views. Next up I'll be putting my Orbit AF back up with mjpg_streamer and see how jZMC handles the PTZ.

I'm seeing very little cpu usage using, less then 10% to display 4 640x480 camera feeds in full color on a windows xp install. I'll continue to test it out.
newvisionantenna

This program is right up there with any other windows frontend or DVR application. I know it's using Zoneminder for the backend but this is just simply amazing. It shows event's and details that even Zoneminder does not show. How you got this working so smooth is beyond me. I have no idea why more people are not talking about this program and or using it. Heck, I'll give out some free keys to people that download my DVD just so you can see what your missing. It's not the easiest backend to setup, but I've taken all the hard work out of it and you can now just have it work.
transtech4u

I don't think I've got the jzm server setup correctly

Post by transtech4u »

First of all, let me apologize for taking so long to respond to this request. When I created my account I forgot to checkmark the thing to alert you when you get a reply to a post.

Now, I followed the instructions for installation, but I guess I got it wrong. One of my biggest faults when learning something new is I have to understand things systemically as I learn the granularity, otherwise it really does pass through the space between my ears like a wind-tunnel.

Ok, so where did I go wrong with setting up the Jzm streaming server? I'm going to try and download the release again from sourceforge and install again.
I know that zoneminder is working. I've got 2 cameras working properly and I'm monitoring them through the web interface. I'm looking forward to seeing the streaming video.

I will post back with my results after the reinstall.

Thanks Andy.
ahagadorn wrote:I did a clean install of 1.24.1 on my server, and other than needing to change the one line in jzmc_config.php from :

include(ZM_HOME . "/zm_config.php");

to:

include(ZM_HOME . "/includes/config.php");

everything still worked fine.

If you could post /tmp/jZMConsole.log it would probably help.

Andy
coke

Post by coke »

Now that this is working, can you port Java to my iPhone? :)
jbg70

Post by jbg70 »

@ahagadorn:
very nice job. I hae been amazed since the first alpha version!

Just two improvements I would like to be included:

- The live view is only by columns and the window is not resizable. What about to create a 'mosaic view with selectable cameras', and the option to resize the window in live mode?

- Is it possible to have a 'symbol' or message or something else to see the camera status (inactive/alarm/attention status)?

Congratulation, and hope you will develop more this great project!
Regards.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Have you tried the cycle view (View->Cycle on the menu bar)? Unless I misunderstand what you are asking, it does what you describe.

I will add the camera status, thanks for the suggestion.

Andy
newvisionantenna

I didn't forget about further testing, just really busy.

I did however find time to fire up my NSLU2 and the Orbit AF using a remote instance of mjpg_streamer. I was doing this all from a KVM so something could have been up. In Zoneminder I setup the proper settings to control the Orbit AF using the mjpgStreamer.pm file and made sure it worked from within ZM. I then fired up jZMConsole and it had the options to control the camera but I could not get it to do anything. I'll test it further and set it up to where you can get at it to see what's up.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Thanks Aaron. I may be getting a Pelco D compatible camera in a week or 2, so I will be able to troubleshoot that protocol for PTZ/White Balance/etc.

Andy
ahagadorn

jZMConsole Log File

Post by ahagadorn »

The jZMC client creates a log file than can be used for debugging. On Linux it is /tmp/jZMConsole.log

On Windows it is C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\jZMConsole.log

On the client GUI under Options->Setup->Config, if you check the Debug checkbox it will put a lot more information in the log file, including things like PTZ commands being sent to ZM.

Andy
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

why don't you use this installer for windows.
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

Once more, with some clarification, I may decide to publish the Java source code
also a side note is if you put stuff on sourceforge you must release source
(not complaining but you could get in trouble for not doing so)
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

kingofkya wrote:why don't you use this installer for windows.
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. The one I am using (AdvancedInstall) has a version specifically for packaging Java applications, and I'm pretty happy with it. I have tried a bunch of others, but they don't have the Java specific features that AdvancedInstall has. I'd rather not pay $300 for it, but it does a great job for what I need.

Regarding SourceForge, I am aware of their rules. If I decide not to publish the Java source, I will pull it from there.

Edit: I reviewed the SourceForge Terms Of Use agreement at http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sitele ... 20of%20Use SourceForge itself has no requirements that source code be published there.

OSI (Open Software Institute) requires that you make source code available if requested IF you use one of their licenses. SourceForge includes two non-OSI license choices; "License::Other License" and "License::Public Domain". I currently have it set as License::Public Domain.

Interesting.

Thanks,
Andy
newvisionantenna

If you have time to take a look I put my Orbit AF remote mjpg_streamer thing back up on my Zoneminder DVD. I can control the camera from within Zoneminder but not from the remote client jzmc on Vista. I can see the picture and controls but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I didn't have time for lots of trouble shooting but here is a copy and paste of the zmcontrol.log that shows errors during the time I'm pushing the arrows on jzmc.

04/28/09 14:18:41.263281 zmcontrol[7203].INF [Starting control server 1/mjpgStreamer]
04/28/09 14:18:41.265753 zmcontrol[7204].INF [Control server 1/mjpgStreamer starting at 09/04/28 14:18:41]
04/28/09 14:18:42.284216 zmcontrol[7204].FAT [Can't access moveRelLeft member of object of class ZoneMinder::Control::mjpgStreamer]
04/28/09 14:18:42.494689 zmcontrol[7206].INF [Starting control server 1/mjpgStreamer]
04/28/09 14:18:42.497153 zmcontrol[7207].INF [Control server 1/mjpgStreamer starting at 09/04/28 14:18:42]
04/28/09 14:18:43.515400 zmcontrol[7207].FAT [Can't access moveRelLeft member of object of class ZoneMinder::Control::mjpgStreamer]

I turned debug on within the jzmc client on vista but I'm not sure where the log is. Another thing that is strange is the video is 640x480 but in jzmc the picture is huge. I can maximize the windows and the video follows and basically fills up the entire window. I didn't try it with more then one feed so I'm not sure how I would be able to see all the displays if it stayed big like that.