New Skin for 1.24

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

thomasjohansen wrote:Version 1.24.1 (ubuntu) Victor peterson livecd

windows 7 Firefox 3.6.3

Axis IP M3014 1280x800

Tried both with and without user auth and with plain and hash and none.

classic skin works fine.
The monitors not showing seems to be due to the zmBandwidth cookie not being set; I've made a change to fallback to the way low and medium bandwidth modes are working in the even that the cookie is not set. Working in FF for Windows and Linux and IE8 for Windows.
johnnytolengo

download

Post by johnnytolengo »

Is it there a download link to share it with us?

regards
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

What I recommend doing is using git so that you can stay with the latest changes - from the first post of this topic:
I am working on a new skin for 1.24. Instead of manually taring up the skin every time I make changes, I am going to use git. So, if you want to try out the skin, you'll need to change into your zm/skins/ directory and checkout my git repo which can be accessed at git://github.com/kylejohnson/zm_newskin.git.
Remember that this is still a work in progress so there will be bugs, missing features, etc. Please give FEEDBACK.
johnnytolengo

Post by johnnytolengo »

great ! I'll try tonight. thanks.

T.
oberg

Post by oberg »

I have my zoneminder configured as a virtual host mounted on /zoneminder and it seems like all the links to

* Cameras
* Events
* Timeline
* Admin.
* Options
* System

are pointing out of the virtual host mount point.

Relevant Apache config:

<Directory "/var/www/zoneminder/cgi-bin">
</Directory>

Alias /zoneminder "/var/www/zoneminder/htdocs"

<Directory "/var/www/zoneminder/htdocs">
</Directory>
oberg

Post by oberg »

Is it mentioned anywhere that the skin directory has to be named "new" for it to work? I got a lot of error messages about "File does not exist: /var/www/zoneminder/htdocs/skins/new" when the directory was called "zm_newskin".

About the virtual host issue, I get a lot of
"File does not exist: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/skins, referer: http://oberg.homedns.org/zoneminder/index.php" when using the new skin. I think that there probably are some references to skin files that should be changed to. I'll try to figure these out and post a patch or something (should be 6 of them).
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

oberg: Indeed the directory name does have to be 'new'. I named my git repo 'zm_newskin' without realizing that this would require another manual step (mv zm_newskin new).

As for the broken links, a lot of the paths are coded like '/skins/new/' instead of 'skins/new/'. This should be an easy enough fix and I should be able to commit something today.

I will also look into renaming my repo (or the paths) to make this easier.
lookathome

Post by lookathome »

Hi,
when i try to add new monitor in the admin section i recive this error :
"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function getTableAutoInc() in /usr/share/zoneminder/skins/new/views/monitor.php on line 51
"
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

lookathome wrote:Hi,
"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function getTableAutoInc() in /usr/share/zoneminder/skins/new/views/monitor.php on line 51
"
I just pushed out a new commit. Check it out.
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

Pushed out another commit that should fix a lot of the path issues. Let me know.
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

kylejohnson wrote:Pushed out another commit that should fix a lot of the path issues. Let me know.
That commit broke the paths for the files for the lightboxes... Pushed out another commit to fix that.
kylejohnson

Quick update

Post by kylejohnson »

Just to keep you all informed on some of the recent updates:

1: I wasn't able to get zms working on my system for viewing events (even with the default skin), so I am directly streaming the recorded jpg files from the disk. The downside of this is the possibly large preload time. The upside of this is very fine-tuned control over playback functions (to the frame). Still being worked on, but functional.
2: Substituted most / all popups with lightboxes, such as for the live view, and viewing of events.
3: Easy "export" button when viewing an event. Click "export" button, file is generated in background, and then made available to you. Can be done while video is playing back.
4: Grouped monitors and events together (respectively) for easier navigation from one to the next

And those are the major ones that I can remember for now.
Check out the git repo (ask if you need help) and give me some feedback!
lookathome

Post by lookathome »

"
"
I did like this :
git clone git://github.com/kylejohnson/zm_newskin.git

copy/pasted into zoneminder skin
renamed zm_newskin folder in new

same problem....

great skin in anycase!
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

lookathome wrote:
"
"
I did like this :
git clone git://github.com/kylejohnson/zm_newskin.git

copy/pasted into zoneminder skin
renamed zm_newskin folder in new

same problem....

great skin in anycase!
Shouldn't be happening... Are you navigating to the correct skin by going to http://you.zm.host/?skin=new ?
Try deleting the entire new skin directory before cloning it again, just to be safe.
rwjones

Menus

Post by rwjones »

I have installed the new skin. I can bring it up in the web browser, but when I click on any of the menus all I receive is the page 'It Works'.