New Skin for 1.24

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
logray

Post by logray »

Yes on every event.

I even deleted the new directory and re-gitt'ed it. :-)
scanto

Post by scanto »

this skin is compatible with 1.24.2 zoneminder? in my installation 1.24.2 in the dashboard the cam do not work and the events are empty
bumann

Post by bumann »

I have git the new skin and I have changed in the function.php the name of mootools. So the error message install motools fixed. But the dashboard shows no image in monitor of my jpeg stream. Another prob that i have is when i add a new monitor i can't witch to the monitor source!
I have got zm 1.24.2 and the mootools from the zm sources.
Any suggestions? the skin lookes very good.
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

bumann wrote:I have git the new skin and I have changed in the function.php the name of mootools. So the error message install motools fixed. But the dashboard shows no image in monitor of my jpeg stream. Another prob that i have is when i add a new monitor i can't witch to the monitor source!
I have got zm 1.24.2 and the mootools from the zm sources.
Any suggestions? the skin lookes very good.
You changed jQuery to mootools? That is the cause of your issue. This skin is built around jQuery.
Idling as gnulnx in #zoneminder on freenode. Come say hi!
bumann

Post by bumann »

Tnx. I have loaded the latest mootools from url and set the link from mootools-core.js to the new core file but it dosent work. the link is in the zm/tools/mootools dir. What i did wrong with the update?! any suggestions?
bumann

Post by bumann »

I had fixed my problem with live view on dashboard. I made a new git an change the function.php again with the right version number of mootools. And i witched the zm autentification off :-) ! But the problem to add a new monitor is still there. When i add a new monitor i can´t witch to the source setting to set the cam adress and so on. Is that a bug of the skin or only for my installation?
Greetings from Germany!
Thank you for the work on this beautiful skin!
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

I haven't seen that happen on either of my boxes.

I don't understand why you're using mootools? This skin requires jquery. If you've replaced jquery with mootools that will definitely cause problems.
Idling as gnulnx in #zoneminder on freenode. Come say hi!
bumann

Post by bumann »

Hi!
I didn´t have replaced jquery, i only changed the name from mootools version 1.2 in the skript to version 1.2.1 that comes with my zm installation. Without this change the skin allways display mootools not found. Where i can see that jquery is installed?! Comes jquery with the normal zm installation? Could it be that my problem is because my zm webdir is /var/www/zm? I made no apache settings after zm installation, so i must go to 192.168.2.48/zm to open zm console!
Mika

Post by Mika »

Hi,

i try use this repository:

Code: Select all

git clone git://github.com/kylejohnson/zm_newskin.git new 
I install in skins/new and user http://YourZM/?skin=new, i see the new skin, but when i try acces to "Events" menu, don't see anything, and Apache2 report a lot of undefinied index and variable.

This is the last version of this theme?

Thx
grmela

Post by grmela »

It's possible it's been already answered here but nine pages thread is a nine pages thread :-)

My question: is there any chance of getting the new skin (or some equally nice and usable one) in the next stock ZM release by default? That would be great! The current skin has a lot of functions but is sometimes confusing for the not-really-advanced users and doesn't look any great either. This one is the exactly right direction how the default should change.
DREMA

Post by DREMA »

Have you thought on integrating the Timeline somewhere on your skin? I think that would be a great feature.
larrywise

Not Working

Post by larrywise »

I have downloaded this skin but i cant get it working there are so many error in it i am using 1.24.2 and with ubuntu 10.10

any help

Thanks
Larry
DREMA

Post by DREMA »

Any nwes on the progress with this?? Any way we can help you?? :D
timgman

Post by timgman »

timeline would be a great Idea... I LOVE the diginet timeline feature.. It's key here in the c-store industry.
albertotoba

Post by albertotoba »

hi
I've installed the skin and everything looks fine. However i have some problems
1- Thumbnails on events home screen are not resized and it's not possible order by date desc.
2- Opening events by clicking the event no loading but opening in a new tab or page load fine and I can play the video.
3- if i search for an event, i can't play it. if clink the image i see just the image.

thanks..and it's a really good job.