AirLink101 SkyIPCam 747 PTZ module for ZM

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
Setarcos

Post by Setarcos »

urge4vert wrote:Just wanted to say thanks! I've got a Airlink 101 SkyIP 750 up and running with ZM. The PTZ is working just fine, and I'm starting on getting motion tracking working. All in all very cool little camera and not too much work to get it all functioning. Thanks for the detailed notes on how to get the camera working!
Glad you got it working urge4vert!. I just noticed your other thread. If you think anyone else might benefit by your troubleshooting discoveries, please post here.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Works flawlessly WOW what great job I am so pleased with Pan/Tilt HUGE THANKS hope i can contribute something this GREAT to ZoneMinder soon. THANKS AGAIN!

PS cannot get tracking to work not sure what a reasonable value is but i tried 1 and 2 those are not working for me maybe i missed something.
l1lj0hn

Post by l1lj0hn »

I've confirmed your PTZ Control module works for the TRENDNet TV-IP410. This is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us! :D
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Anyone got this to work with version 1.24.1 I am having some trouble i can get everything setup like in the post but when i hit the control button the arrows appear but i cannot seem to move the camera.

UPDATE I have managed to get this to work with version 1.24 very nicely.
Last edited by c0mputerking on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alwang

Post by alwang »

I have a TRENDNet TV-IP410, and tried everything to get control working, with no avail. The syslog shows 401 Error,

ERR [Error check failed: '401 Unauthorized']

I can view images, but can't control it. I double checked the address and even copied the one from the source tab to control tab. I tried both a regular user and admin user, same result.

I ran out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. I have the 1.0.0.35 firmware, BTW.

Thanks.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

can you make it work with the stock software?
alwang

Post by alwang »

Yes. The stock software works great. No issue at all.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

I just noticed that my control setting has a port number at the end ie

user:password@my.domain.com:10700

can you verify your port number and add it to the control setting? Not sure how i figured this out but might be your issue
alwang

Post by alwang »

My camera is set at Port:80. Not sure if it is also listening at 10700. But I gave it a try anyway. Get Error 500.

[Error check failed: '500 Can't connect to 10.5.5.109:10700 (connect: Connection refused)']

Funny thing is, for some reason, the control module caches the address settings, even after I restarted ZM. I had to reboot the machine in order to change the port from 10700 to something else, very strange! I am using ZM v1.23.3, BTW.

Thanks.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

alwang wrote:My camera is set at Port:80. Not sure if it is also listening at 10700. But I gave it a try anyway. Get Error 500.

[Error check failed: '500 Can't connect to 10.5.5.109:10700 (connect: Connection refused)']

Funny thing is, for some reason, the control module caches the address settings, even after I restarted ZM. I had to reboot the machine in order to change the port from 10700 to something else, very strange! I am using ZM v1.23.3, BTW.

Thanks.
What port is zm on ?? you can only have on service per port you should make sure the camera is set to some other port like 10700. You will need to do that through the camera software or a web interface or something.
alwang

Post by alwang »

c0mputerking wrote: What port is zm on ?? you can only have on service per port you should make sure the camera is set to some other port like 10700. You will need to do that through the camera software or a web interface or something.
OK. I am at lost. ZM's apache sits on Port:80. The TrendNet sits on Port:80 as well on its own IP. I don't see any other place in TrendNet's interface that would allow me to set the service control at a different port, which explains why the connection is refused at Port:10700.

Obviously I am missing something, but not sure what it is.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Yes that is what i though you cannot have both services on the same port either you need to change the camera port which is preferred and should be very possible to do, or you need to change the zm port which is also possible, but far less desirable.
cbreaker

Post by cbreaker »

c0mputerking wrote:Yes that is what i though you cannot have both services on the same port either you need to change the camera port which is preferred and should be very possible to do, or you need to change the zm port which is also possible, but far less desirable.
You're confused. Yes, you can only have one service on a port. But you're apparently forgetting that the camera is a separate device with it's own IP address. They can both use port 80 because they're not running on the same machine.

Anyways, I have a TV-IP410 and I followed the directions to the letter and I have had no success in getting motion control to work. It simply does nothing. The camera works in ZM just fine except for control.

Do you put anything in the "Control Device" field? For "Control Address" I have "admin:password@192.168.5.31" which is the same as what's in the general tab.

So, I'm stuck I guess, but I'll keep plugging away.
knight-of-ni

Re: Audio dump script

Post by knight-of-ni »

Setarcos wrote:For those so inclined, I also hacked together an audio dump script for this camera for capturing audio from the built-in microphone.

You can grab it here.

An accompanying audio push script is also available here.
I see that incorporating audio into Zoneminder is on the official To-Do list. However, in the meantime can you describe how to add these scripts to an existing Zoneminder 1.24.2 system? Or is it not that simple?
scarrz

Post by scarrz »

I have a TV-IP410 camera and have not had much success with the PTZ portion using ZM. The weird thing is it does seem to control the camera but I have to switch between Control view tab and Events tab to see anything. (BAsically the image stays static when inside controllable view). I can make my presets and it seems to move the camera but again I can only see this once I switch out of control view. I also am receiving this error in the zmcontrol.log

09/23/09 15:59:34.094842 zmcontrol[509].FAT [Missing mandatory parameter 'panstep']
09/23/09 15:59:34.502862 zmcontrol[517].INF [Starting control server 4/SkyIPCam7xx]
09/23/09 15:59:34.505070 zmcontrol[518].INF [Control server 4/SkyIPCam7xx starting at 09/09/23 15:59:34]

I'm using 1.23 ZM and would really like to solve this mystery.