Zoneminder iPhone demo

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
mycal

Zoneminder iPhone demo

Post by mycal »

I put this demo together based on some zoneminder capture directories. The PHP scripts scan the camera and event directories to
build a view list.

Would need some work to integrate but it would work standalone now pointed at the image directories.

The PHP scripts support the playing of zoneminder directories and could even support IE without cambozola.

Let me know what you think.

Point your iPhone or iTouch to: www.mycal.net/ys
(works on regular browsers too!)

-M

PS for those of you that are not using Yoics on your zoneminder box, shame on you. Now viewable on the web without extra software! MAC and Linux included!
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Thanks for this. I can't say I've heard of Yoics. I will have to do some research.
Phil
semenzat

Post by semenzat »

That is very nice indeed. I am in fact wondering how to get Linux, Mac, Windows, and iPhone to work together better. If I use cambozola for streaming on Windows, it breaks the iPhone completely (no images). So right now I can stream only on Linux and Mac, and get stills on iPhone and Windows.

Luigi
wilso027

Post by wilso027 »

Do you have any steps that you took to set this up. It looks like it works pretty good and I would like to play with it some.
martymoose

Post by martymoose »

VERY NICE

any info how we can set this up
cheers
I donated have YOU?
mycal

Post by mycal »

Sorry been real busy

Here is a tgz of the viewer.

http://www.mycal.net/ys/iPhone.tgz

Read the README file.

There needs to be an integration effort, as this is only a
proof of concept.

-M
kpiep

Post by kpiep »

@mycal

hi,

i use zm 1.23.3 and got probs by setting up your app:
when i load your index.php (i renamed it to iphone.php)
there are no pics only placeholders for images

how to get the live images for your iphone-tool?
i also coudn't get the event-images. when i enter events, i can see the year "08" but no more...

i think, there must be images in the cam's idle-dir but there is none..

is it a msiconfiguration in zm ?

regards,
kpiep
mycal

Post by mycal »

sorry this is just a proof of concept, there still needs to be some integration work.

Haven't had the time yet.

-M
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Any progress on this?
Blazer

Post by Blazer »

This is awesome, it even worked on my Sony Ericcson K850i phone. The page layout was a mess since its not an iphone, but the image streaming worked great!

I'm trying to test this on one of my Zm installs. So far havn't got it working, since zm does not have an "idle" dir in the events folder, which your script appears to be looking for. Hmm. It also appears to be looking for 0001-capture and my files are 001-capture. I tried adjusting the sprintf but didnt help.
coke

Post by coke »

I'd be happy if it just disabled cambazola when an iPhone is connecting, seems to work when you turn that off manually.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Has anything ever happened with this?

I'd love an iPhone app foe Zoneminder.
jdhar

Post by jdhar »

Haubrich

Re:

Post by Haubrich »

Blazer wrote:This is awesome, it even worked on my Sony Ericcson K850i phone. The page layout was a mess since its not an iphone, but the image streaming worked great!

I'm trying to test this on one of my Zm installs. So far havn't got it working, since zm does not have an "idle" dir in the events folder, which your script appears to be looking for. Hmm. It also appears to be looking for 0001-capture and my files are 001-capture. I tried adjusting the sprintf but didnt help.
I'd be happy if it just disabled cambazola when an iPhone is connecting, seems to work when you turn that off manually.