zoneminder_1.23.2-1_*.deb FINALLY into Debian unstable

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
PeterHoward

zoneminder_1.23.2-1_*.deb FINALLY into Debian unstable

Post by PeterHoward »

Yes folks, it's finally gotten in there.

As of posting this, it's only appearing for i386, ia64, mipsel, and powerpc. Other architectures should appear soon (e.g. amd64).

I should get the Ubuntu version done over the weekend.

PJH
caladeira

Post by caladeira »

Hi Peter!

This is very good news.

This way it will be much easier to install.

Just one question:

Since I've been unable to put ffmpeg to work with ZM 1.23.2 (from source) on my Ubuntu Server 7.1, should I have expectation with your .deb version?

Best regards.
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

caladeira wrote: Just one question:

Since I've been unable to put ffmpeg to work with ZM 1.23.2 (from source) on my Ubuntu Server 7.1, should I have expectation with your .deb version?
The honest answer - Don't know. Kushnirenko has provided a patch which has ffmpeg working for him on Debian etch. I would hope that this would translate into working on Ubuntu. But I can't guarantee it - we'll have to "suck and see".

Note: 1.23 is also going to be much more interesting on Ubuntu than Debian - at least until 8.04, And 1.23 won't be officially going into Ubuntu until 8.10.
glenndm

Post by glenndm »

thanks, Peter, for the work you put in.

you just made my day.
glenn
coke

Post by coke »

Woohoo. It's 4 am, I should be thinking about going back to sleep for a few hours, now I want to go to the office and play. I guess I can wait for the Ubuntu version.

Is anyone running ZM in a VM? Seems like a safer way to try out new revisions, at least. Might also make dynamic partitioning a bit easier. Not sure how bad the speed hit would be, haven't tried any on a real machine lately.
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

You rock, man! Way to go!
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

well done peter. Nota ubuntu user but can see the work you hav eput in. Thank you.
Before the rest ask, ill do it.
Can you do the same for maciek shared mem viewer?

James
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
PeterHoward

?

Post by PeterHoward »

jameswilson wrote: Before the rest ask, ill do it.
Can you do the same for maciek shared mem viewer?
James
Um, _what_ is it (beyond the obvious "look into SysV shared memory)? Do you have a link?

PJH
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5600

its the shared mem live stream viewer that another user (maciekc) contributed and its very good, reason i ask is that its a popluar add on and it would be easier if people had one of these deb files to be able to install it rather than buidl from source.

Also can you get that mmx jpeg lib into it?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

I have never found a deb for the mmx jpeg libs... I would love one, but I ain't seen it.