Arduino Infrared Tripwire w/ZMTrigger

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
snake

Arduino Infrared Tripwire w/ZMTrigger

Post by snake » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:55 am

Here's an Uno sketch for an ENC28J60 and an infrared diode tripwire that I setup recently. I prefer hardware to do my motion detection as when done right there are no false alarms.

Code: Select all

git clone https://notabug.org/monitor/ZMHW_Project_LaserDiodeSensor.git
I've tried a bit with the HB100 microwave sensor, and also with the PIR sensors. No luck with the former, and limited luck with the latter (they work where there is no sunlight, for the cheapest modules. I can't seem to find much on software solutions that block ambient light changes in FOSS world for PIR modules...). I've moved on to infrared tripwire sensors which so far I am happy with.

I included some documentation and pictures of my setup. You'll see that I was forced to use two different walls and got around this by putting the sensor at a 90 degree angle in one wall via a drilled hole in a project box. It's somewhat laborious to wire these, as you are putting two outlets in, but it works well when installed. More details in the repo.

Enjoy