Working QSee/Swann/Zmodo DVR support! - Updated 2013-04-21

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
abalamut

Re: Working QSee/Swann/Zmodo DVR support! - Updated 2013-04-21

Post by abalamut »

Hello, I understand that this tread I a bit old, but it seems my DVR is not compatible with this software. It is KVR-A510. I can provide TCP dump if some one can help add this device to zmodopipe.
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

snake wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:39 am I wrote up something on Zmodopipe in the wiki.

Might help someone.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Zmodopipe
Thanks! Works okay enough for me so far. I have my DVR being captured on zoneminder via s-video but not being able to distinguish which camera set the motion is kind of a pain. For a while I wondered why the video quality was so low, it turns out ffserver sets a default bitrate of 64kbps. So I set mine the same as the input stream of 1200 and it looks as good as the IP Cam viewer footage now.
Mentor.37

Post by Mentor.37 »

For who isn't able to use this zmodopipe version and only receives the options message at execution time I want simply report that there is a new version available that solves this problem. You can find more info here on my site.