Nagios Plugin - send status events to Nagios

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
davemc

Nagios Plugin - send status events to Nagios

Post by davemc »

Events like alarm, system up, system down, database error etc.

Requires Nagios Event Broker module inside nagios to communicate events into the Nagios framework, and an Agent to capture and send events to the plugin.

Very likely existing plugins and agents framework can be adapted for basic functionality.

More detail on how to work on plug ins here...
http://www.groundworkopensource.com/com ... m.php?f=22

Could also be that creating an SNMP module for ZoneMinder might be even more widely usable, as it could then be consumed by many types of service monitoring software.

An advanced or "pro" version of the plugin might even push snapshot images into Nagios' status screen, changing the default icon for camera image, or at least providing a URL for the alarm image. This might provide an incentive for a commercial open source developer to create this plugin, with standard and pro functionality.
lselinger

Re: Nagios Plugin - send status events to Nagios

Post by lselinger »

I'm going to guess this is dead (over a decade) or has moved on. Posting just in case there's any life out there that might know of another Nagios plugin or integration for Zoneminder. If not I guess I'll look into possibly creating one sometime :P