Section length with modect

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
hrabe

Section length with modect

Post by hrabe »

Is it possible to make option "Section Length" active with modect? Some events are very long... Short post buffer is not solution. Thanks for your response.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Currently this isn't possible. I am looking at various ways of improving the navigation within events though.

Phil
fernando

Post by fernando »

this can be a very important feature.
Fernando
chrisc

Re: Section length with modect

Post by chrisc »

Did this ever get solved. I would love to limit the duration of motion detection recordings to the section length if possible. At the moment I run a script under a cron job to kill all zma processes every 10 minutes. It kills everything though on all cameras, even motion detection events running for a few seconds.
If this is of use to anyone, here it is:
sudo pkill -e -f "zma"

You can get a little more discerning and kill only those cameras that have lots of motion going on with:
sudo pkill -e -x -f ""/usr/bin/zma -m 2
where the last number is the camera id.

Using the selection length for each camera seems the obvious and best solution.
juanmoura

Re: Section length with modect

Post by juanmoura »

It would be perfect if Section Lenght worked also with MODECT, I have the same situation. I have 15 cameras in a hall of a restaurant where it has constant movement of 11 AM-22PM, I end up getting videos of 5gb hours