(Niche improvement) Have quick access to set PTZ locations for groups of cameras

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
orionstoy

(Niche improvement) Have quick access to set PTZ locations for groups of cameras

Post by orionstoy »

Ok .. dont know how to really describe this so I will just try my best...

Here is a situation:

I have 5 cameras, 3 of which I would like to have 2 distinct views for. I would like to have this ability as a quick clickable link or button on the "Console" window so if I click on say... "zone one" or "button 1" all 3 cameras will move to the location saved in each of the camera's "preset 1", leaving the remaining 2 cameras untouched. If I clicked on "zone two" all 3 cameras would move to the location saved in "preset 2".

I'm sure there is a way to do that now with the API where I could write a script for my raspberry pi or Ubuntu boxes to change the cameras locations but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know even where to start. The best I could do was make links in the console for each of the 3 cameras' respective PTZ controls so I have to click each link then click the Preset 1 or 2 then close the popup.... less steps but still more than I would like .. I would prefer to click on one link and have it set all 3 cameras to the proper location

An additional feature to this setup would be also a way to set a time ... so you can have all 3 out of the 5 cameras go to preset 1 at 8am and then have them all go to preset 2 at 5pm

This is a niche request .. I know... the amount of people using PTZ is probably low ... the amount of people needing the PTZ to move the cameras to two different views is probably even rarer but I think it would be a nice addition...

If anyone can or has figured out a way to use the API to do something like this and would like to share the code or script.. something I could run remotely on the raspberry pi .. or locally on the Ubuntu server that Zoneminder is running on ... its something I would really like to play around with. With a script or something .. I could easily set up a shortcut to do this in one step .. and even use cron to do the time feature