Integration with dropbox

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
juanmoura

Integration with dropbox

Post by juanmoura »

I do not know if this is the right place to suggest a Zoneminder implementation idea, but here at the company we use an HP server with the Ubuntu Server 16.04 distribution and the latest version of PPA StorageAreas. We have 45 camera on average per server. We contracted in the dropbox to have unlimited space in it, I found in GIT that I will leave below a means of uploading the files incrementally via an api of integration with the dropbox, creating an application in the dropbox system. Soon it was not necessary to have a very robust disk. Here we have a upload rate of 1gb every 7minutes, and on average 3GB recorded per hour.

My idea is, would it be possible to insert into Zoneminder the ability to integrate with the dropbox? Because the only thing I had to do in the dropbox application was to insert the token that the dropbox generated when I created the application via browser. So I thought of a field in zoneminder to insert the token and path of the directories we want to upload. The cost of signing the dropbox is negligible compared to the feature it offers, paying $ 20 only. Anyway, I do not know if this is the correct place to post this suggestion.

GITHUB DROPBOX UPLOADER
https://github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbox-Uploader
iconnor

Re: Integration with dropbox

Post by iconnor »

Googling the terms "Dropbox fuse" gives several options for mounting dropbox into your fs, at which point you can setup a storagearea to use it.

You can then either record directly to it, or record locally and use a filter to move them to it in the background. I recommend this second option.

We can certainly add dropbox support, but if you want this done sooner rather than later, use the options listed above.
juanmoura

Re: Integration with dropbox

Post by juanmoura »

Iconnor, it's more of a question than a problem right now. The Dropbox Fuse I tried from several different Gits and I did not get any, so I went back to the dropbox uploader script. But I got into a doubt, I do not know how to use Filter in relation to commands. For example

echo %EPI% > /home/zm/test.txt

theoretically it is for him to insert in txt the path of the image of the event, but he is not ready.

What I'm trying to do is this here:

/home/zm/dropbox_uploader.sh upload %EPI% /%MN%

In case if I call /home/zm/dropbox_uploader.sh upload /home/test

It uploads the home directory to the dropbox test folder theoretically

Would you have any ideas or any explanation for using the commands?

I tried the basics: cp %EPI% /home/
and neither was it.