Camera setting recognition

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
kmg454

Camera setting recognition

Post by kmg454 »

When using a website like Angelcam the software is be able to find and recognise my camera's and settings needed to show up. No matter these camera's are internal or external my network it would be a great option to have this in Zoneminder as well.
Sometimes its really difficult to find the right settings for a camera
Baylink

Re: Camera setting recognition

Post by Baylink »

More recent releases know how to do OnVIF probing of the attached LAN to find cameras and set them up; most IP cams released in the last... I dunno, year? know how to reply to these probes.
kmg454

Post by kmg454 »

I know there is a recognize option for ONVIF camera's but it works only on LAN and most of my camera's are outside my LAN network
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

So, this might be "RFE: Can OnVIF probing be extended to probe a supplied list of arbitrary non-local IP addresses?"
kmg454

Post by kmg454 »

Yes thats the request I want to send in.
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

Well, I might be wanting to be able to do that myself shortly; I'll take a look and see where that code is and see how hard it might be to extend.

I'm not familiar as yet with the lay of the land in Developerville... I just got back after a decade or so.
kmg454

Post by kmg454 »

That would be great because finding the right settings for a cam is always difficult and special when they are located somewhere else outside the Local network.
Our system is running in the cloud so all the camera's are outside the LAN
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

Yeah; I can see the issue.

I just don't have the code in my head, so I'm gonna have to spelunk.