Working Face recognition plugin + facebook integration

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
saveconi

Working Face recognition plugin + facebook integration

Post by saveconi »

Hello everybody,
I was looking for a full working face recognition plugin for ZM and, after searching deeply in to the forum archive, I realized that there is not a stable plugin yet (and it is not integrated with the system).
I am here to request such a plugin because it could be very usefull if integrated with facebook.
If you look to last Mark Zuckemberg Jarvis video you'll notice that he is able to recognize faces using it's facebook friends images.
Face recognition it is usefull only if you know WHO approached the camera and it would be cool knowing that your friend Joe stepped to your door when you were not at home and stuff like this.
I can image that all this could imply writing a Facebook app using specific APIs.... maybe not easy.

Leaving in a corner the facebook connection, I think there is not nowdays a working face recognition plugin.

Please let me know if you have news about a plugin like this.

Best regards

Sarah
Last edited by saveconi on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brezuicabogdan

Re: Working Face recognition plugin + facebook integration

Post by brezuicabogdan »

Hello,

wondering if someone actually got something like this working. I see this post was a tong time ago- my aim is roughly the same ... so did anybody do this?
iconnor

Re: Working Face recognition plugin + facebook integration

Post by iconnor »

In time, we will implement a system where you can plugin various detection routines into frames of interest.

At the moment, no one is paying anyone to do it, so progress is slow.

Some great work has been done in this area already with the zmeventserver and zmninja.

there is a long way to go.

I am in talks to finish up the license plate reading code, no idea if that will pan out.