Any thought on using the 'motion' engine for detection?

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
mrbill

Any thought on using the 'motion' engine for detection?

Post by mrbill »

The software has been around for a long long time - but it is totally driven from a config file - no GUI like ZM has.

http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome

It has some very very powerful and nifty features which help with false positives though. IN particular the despeckle which you can read a bit about here:

http://emit.demon.co.uk/motion/

Pretty clever and very effective!

Perhaps ZM could use motion as an engine in the future, or perhaps there could be a plugin type scenario where you could choose which motion detection engine to use.

Just a thought - i'm fairly happy with ZM as it is, but there is always room for improvement :mrgreen:
SteveGilvarry

Re: Any thought on using the 'motion' engine for detection?

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Maybe I read that too quick but it started talking about blobs so doesn't sound that different to how zm works.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
mrbill

Post by mrbill »

Sure, just a bit more configurable and fine tuneable in motion.

Is there a roadmap for the next major version of zm?
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

More like a wish list of things we would like to do, but those of us that develop all have day jobs so time is always the issue.

I will talk to the guys about putting something together and publishing, might not have timelines but maybe it will prompt some people to start helping with development.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

SteveGilvarry wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:43 pmI will talk to the guys about putting something together and publishing, might not have timelines but maybe it will prompt some people to start helping with development.
I would like that. I dont mind helping, if I am able...