OMG Snow!!

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
LisaNels

OMG Snow!!

Post by LisaNels »

I've not found a way to keep snowfall from triggering lots of images... it will fill any size storage device I might use.

In the filters if I could run a filter that checks for XXX events in the last TIMEFRAME delete them.

Or maybe I should look into a plugin?
simicartan

Re: OMG Snow!!

Post by simicartan »

i think a plugin is way better
lbdroid

Post by lbdroid »

Does it really matter if it fills your disk? Just make sure that you keep the purge-when-full filter set to a level where in the time between runs, it won't overflow the disk. Also, storing your event video using h264 will ensure that you can record a LOT of data. For instance, my cameras record 2 GB/hour for 1080p and 4 GB/hour for 4k. Between those 2 (my other cameras are somewhat sheltered and don't record for the duration of snowstorms), that runs me at 6 GB/hour. My 8 TB disk will therefore record over 1300 hours (close to 2 months). Now the reality is that snowstorms don't last for 2 months on end. Really, that's nearly the full duration of WINTER.
hlywine

Post by hlywine »

@ibdroid
Do you mind sharing your settings and how do you accomplish this? I have my camera set up constantly record, it's an h264 stream and set up as passthrough mode. It's a low resolution substream that I use for motion detection. 8 fps at 720p. And according to ZM in less than 24 hours it used up 70+ gigs on my hard drive. What am I doing wrong?
ranger21

Post by ranger21 »

hlywine wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:32 am @ibdroid
Do you mind sharing your settings and how do you accomplish this? I have my camera set up constantly record, it's an h264 stream and set up as passthrough mode. It's a low resolution substream that I use for motion detection. 8 fps at 720p. And according to ZM in less than 24 hours it used up 70+ gigs on my hard drive. What am I doing wrong?
Are you sure you are not saving jpgs? Check setting on monitor "Save JPGs". You can disable it or use custom script to clean older jpgs, if you need jpgs for custom machine learning object detection.