Remove 3 Part RTSP configuration.

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
FreeSoftwareServers

Remove 3 Part RTSP configuration.

Post by FreeSoftwareServers »

I figure, by the time your configuring the source of your ZoneMinder camera's, your relatively good with computers/networking.

I personally think it makes life a lot harder for poeple when you break apart full links its "catagorys".

Example:

This link works, verified via VLC.

rtsp://admin:PassWoRD@192.168.1.42:88/videoMain

Now I had to break it apart to figure out what parts to put in the following fields.

Remote Host Name = admin:PassWoRD@192.168.1.42 # No :PORT# No RTSP://

Remote Host POrt = 88 # NO :

Remote Host Path = /videoMain # Make sure to start with “/”

This took me a big guessing game of do I use rtsp, do I add the : before port, or use the "/". Probably a half hour after I knew the URL worked, I had to test how to break it apart to work in ZoneMinder.
knight-of-ni

Re: Remove 3 Part RTSP configuration.

Post by knight-of-ni »

This sounds like you are using a source type of remote for your ip camera. Instead, use one of the ffmpeg or libvlc source types, which allows you to enter the url exactly as you described.

We are no longer maintaining the Remote RTSP source type due to lack of resources. It may even go away at some future point since ffmpeg & libvlc are far better. It is just not worth our time to re-invent the wheel.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
nrbell

Post by nrbell »

I realize that this is an old thread, but it seems to still be relevant. I am currently using a Reolink RLC-411WS with ZoneMinder. When using an "ffmpeg" connection I see frequent image corruption and frequent devolution into a smeary multicolored mess. With a "remote" connection it seems to work perfectly. I understand deprecating the "remote" connection due to lack of resources. Can you give us any guidance on how to configure ffmpeg so that we don't have to rely on "remote" for these (probably) broken cameras?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

The fix is to use TCP instead of UDP. There is a dropdown on the FFmpeg source page for this.
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

iconnor wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:36 pm The fix is to use TCP instead of UDP. There is a dropdown on the FFmpeg source page for this.
To clarify...I think you mean to use "RTP/RTSP" option instead of "RTP/Unicast" or "RTP/Multicast", correct?