face recognition

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
mikeybs

face recognition

Post by mikeybs »

I am very interested in implementing face recognition features in my zoneminder setup. I have seen references to a plugin for it, but they are quite old. Does this plugin still exist in v1.29? Can anyone provide any information on the current status of face recognition? Does anyone have it implemented?
lix

Re: face recognition

Post by lix »

I second this feature request. But doesn't have to be face detection. For my use case with outdoor surveillance cameras around my house I want to detect if there is a person in the picture. That would be a great start.

There is this OpenCV technology and there was a plugin for ZM I understand but reading poss about it it doesnt't seem to play well with current ZM versions.
SteveGilvarry

Re: face recognition

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Plugins branch would allow this, but currently not in a running state, I did a very quick merge to master and brought it into our repo. Unfortunately the developer working on it passed away, but intention is to get it working again.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)