Dewarping of Fisheye Cameras

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
yds

Dewarping of Fisheye Cameras

Post by yds »

Any chance we might be able to see live dewarping of fisheye camera streams? I realize this might be a difficult feature to implement, but thought I'd ask. I have a Vivotek FE8171 camera that I use with my weather web page. It doesn't have the native capability of streaming a dewarped image, but rather the Vivotek software will dewarp. Would like to use the camera with ZM without having to use the Vivotex software (which only runs on Windoze). I'm currently capturing the 360 image and dewarping a still photo using imagemagick. BUt would be great to be able to add a dewarped stream to my weather page.
FrAllard

Re: Dewarping of Fisheye Cameras

Post by FrAllard »

I too would like that.

I think it would be best to keep the server from dewarping the image but give this job to the client viewing the stream. This way we do not put more stress on the zm server and services and push the workload where it is needed, on the viewing device where processing power is usually under utilised.

I have no idea on how to do this though...
chronos00

Post by chronos00 »

This would be very useful. 360 cameras are increasingly popular.

Have you found any way to de-wrap the video feed?
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Start here https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#lenscorrection won't be any use in zm until we get a filter implementation in place
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
effe

Post by effe »

Any news about this option?
cyberguerro

Post by cyberguerro »

It could be very useful!!!
+1 for me :D 8)