Ability to replay existing events against new zone settings...

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
Tantamount

Ability to replay existing events against new zone settings...

Post by Tantamount »

For some areas outside, getting the cameras to capture just what I want is fairly hard to do (More so at night with passing vehicles, or stormy weather).

Currently I am looking at the false positives, checking the alarm frame(s) to see where things are triggering, and then guessing at what to adjust so that it will continue to capture what I want, while filtering out the rest. However, there is just too much trial and error now. Adjust -> wait, adjust -> wait, etc...

Also currently, when creating and adjusting the zones, we can only do this against the live feed. So if I have an event trigger in the middle of the night, I'm usually stuck with having to adjust the zone during a different time -- say during the day.

What I would like is the ability to adjust the zone against a previously captured event... Perhaps with some real-time feedback of the blob detections.
3 ReoLink RLC-410
2 Annke NC800
Kubernetes 1.22.6 statefulset of 5 Ubuntu 20.04 pods using iconnor's repository
ZoneMinder Version 1.36.12
bspiegel

Re: Ability to replay existing events against new zone settings...

Post by bspiegel »

I second this request.

I'd like to have the capability to replay an event through adjusted zones for fine-tuning. I suggest this be an option per camera. It would save off the raw images and allow a replay through the zone filters. The saved images get deleted with the event delete. On replay, any event triggered get's added to the camera event list with a cause=replay.

If the camera is live, perhaps this is done by cloning the camera, zones to a new camera with a file feed. This camera and it's zones can then be deleted post adjustments. It would be nice to be able to copy the new zones into the original camera. I am sure there are other design considerations to this I am missing.

This would really help speed up tuning out false positives.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Five years later, it’s probably not happening soon.

Maybe recording some source video and pointing ZM to the local file would be a start. It could probably be looped or just concatenation might help.
-
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

No one is paying for it so who knows when it will happen.