Expand play sound on alarm capabilities (WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM)

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
davidma

Expand play sound on alarm capabilities (WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM)

Post by davidma »

The WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM capability where Zoneminder plays a user specified alarm is extremely useful for some implementations. I myself use it especially for a back door where I cannot hear anything normally late at night in the bedroom. I turn on this alarm sound and it will sound waking me up if say someone breaks in through the back door. In my case it could potentially save my life or that of my family.

Here are some suggestions (feature requests) related to it if someone gets a chance:

1. Add this capability to the montage view. At present it only works on the live streaming view for each monitor.
2. Add the capability to enable or disable it for each individual monitor or better yet each zone.
3. Add the capability to specify rules such as the alarm will only sound from say 10pm - 6a or perhaps have different alarm sounds at different times (such as a ping during the day and another loud alarm at night)

4. There seems to be some problems getting it to work in firefox ( viewtopic.php?f=32&p=93044#p93044 ) this may be a bug or user configuration issue but possibly explore more compatible ways to enable it in firefox with less hassle.

Thank you for reading this and for creating zoneminder!

PS- I could probably handle submitting an initial patch for #1 at least if it might be welcomed. Maybe #2 as well later.
kennbr34

Re: Expand play sound on alarm capabilities (WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM)

Post by kennbr34 »

Hi david,

I realize this is an older post, but it is more recent than most on this topic.

I made an attempt at #1 on your list. I tried to take what I knew from C coding and carry it over, but I'm no coder. It's been working for me so far however.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27129