Link monitor to specific zone(s) on another monitor

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
btornado

Link monitor to specific zone(s) on another monitor

Post by btornado »

Right now its possible to link monitors directly. If one monitor alarms, the other one goes into alarm mode automatically.

It would be nice to be able to alarm a monitor due to an alarm including specific zone on another monitor.

Use case is as follows:

Monitor A covers a large area. It is set to MoCord, so there's always some record of what is going on. Example: the path leading up to a building, another path around the side, and the road in background. It has 4 zones. The road, the path, the front door and the second path that goes around the side of the building.

Monitors B and C are high framerate, high resolution and cover smaller areas that have some overlap with Monitor A. They are set to NoDetect or MoDetect. Example: Monitor B is a close up of the front building entrance. Monitor C covers an entry on the side of the building.

Currently if B or C is linked to A, they will trigger recording whenever any of the zones in A trigger. Ideal case is that B can be linked to the the A(front path) and A(front door) while C is linked to A(side path)

This way, once motion is detected in the relevant zone on A, a continuous recording is obtained on B or C respectively until the full alarm event on A ends, without getting lots of empty events due to activity in zones on A that are irrelevant to B or C.

I've tried to find if this is possible with no luck. Apologies if I'm wrong.
m00dawg

Re: Link monitor to specific zone(s) on another monitor

Post by m00dawg »

Ressurecting a slightly old thread but I was wanting to do something similar. I have one camera, but it has two streams - an HQ stream and an LQ one. I want to always record on the HQ stream but have it do no motion detection. I want the LQ, ideally, to only alert on motion and no recording anything. In this way, I'm always only recording one stream, but am doing all the motion detection stuff on the low-resolution stream.

I tried various ways to do this. Notect is close but doesn't record unless there is an external alarm. Whereas I want to record all the time but record at a higher framerate during an alarm.

Any thoughts on how to do this?