zones to enable or disable by time

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
seebaer19761

zones to enable or disable by time

Post by seebaer19761 »

hi,

can be install the in the next version: zones to enable or disable by times.

I monitor my car parking space and if the car is gone, is always alert triggered by pedestrians and cars.
because the zones then monitors the road.

then I could for certain times, each creating a different zone.
that would be a great relief.

sorry for my bad english

mfg
seebaer1976
MJN

Re: zones to enable or disable by time

Post by MJN »

I'm pretty sure you can already do this with cron.

Create multiple monitors for your parking space with different zones created on each, then use different run states to control which monitor is enabled at any one time.
adanisch

Post by adanisch »

Although it may be possible using additional software such as CRON, I think it would be a useful feature to include times for ZONES directly in ZONE MINDER.

I have a camera that is not conveniently located (up high out of reach) during the day everything is fine, yet at night a spider web cast in front sets off multiple zones/false alarms.

It would be nice to have the ability to add per zone a list of ON/OFF times. E.g. Add an "Add on/off time" button to the zone configuration interface. Zone Minder already has a scheduler so it shouldn't take too much to add something like this in.
cybersteel8

Post by cybersteel8 »

+1 for this feature.

Being able to have a zone only active during certain hours of the day (or even during particular dates etc) would be a brilliant way to improve the zoning/modect system even further. I would personally use this for my car park spot, so that it only detects when I arrive home and stops monitors when I am not at home (which is at the same hours every day for work). Synchronising the zone with my personal schedule would be brilliant.