Onvif

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
FrankieG

Onvif

Post by FrankieG »

Would it be possible to make zoneminder onvif compliant? It would make using any newer IP device quite a bit easier as the open standard is gaining importance in the world of IP security devices.
MindrustUK

Re: Onvif

Post by MindrustUK »

Just +1 for this really, ONVIF 2.2 Profile S provides triggers for alarms from the camera for motion or tamper. I believe these are SOAP based. At present feeding Zoneminder large (1.3 Megapixel and up) images doesn’t seem too friendly as it seems to eat the CPU alive. This way (as I understand it) it SHOULD offload much of the work to the camera it’s self leaving the Zoneminder process near idle. ONVIF device manager (New user so can't post the sourceforge link) seems to already have this pinned down I’m not sure if any info can be gained from the source code here?
Marcel_TCV

Post by Marcel_TCV »

Hello all,
I am a 'newby' and not a technician like most on this forum but my people are using ZM for a CCTV feature where we don't really need a high-res stream from the IP cameras, so the problem of 'eating' the processor capacity is not so much an issue (just connect to a low res stream). But Onvif compatibility will solve compatibility issues, not only for the video stream, but also for features such as PTZ functions and Video Content Analyses communication from 'smart' IP cameras. Anyone knows when Onvif integration can be expected or have more info on this topic to share?

Regards,
Marcel
hortncizigr

Post by hortncizigr »

I'd like to have a similar feature, I'd like to have the ability to have different groups of cameras (e.g. internal cams / external cams) and the ability to switch them on and off via a simple interface.
KeviNH

Post by KeviNH »

MindrustUK wrote: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:01 pmJust +1 for this really, ONVIF 2.2 Profile S provides triggers for alarms from the camera for motion or tamper. I believe these are SOAP based.
I'd like to get this working, haven't had a chance to dig too deep into either ONVIF or the zoneminder source code.

Some cameras have onboard PIR for motion detection, and I've seen pretty darn effective in-camera analytics from some newer cameras, e.g. the loadable analytics for Axis.