SNMP

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
automatx

SNMP

Post by automatx »

Hello,
Is there a way to have asynchronous SNMP I/O messaging betwen Zoneminder and other "type" of automation systems and/or other ZM servers?
Regards, julian
zoneminder
Site Admin

Re: SNMP

Post by zoneminder »

Hi Julian,

I'm always looking at ways to integrate ZM with other systems. Currently it's got X10 and that's about it, though I intend to add xAP to that when I get time.

Can you explain a bit more about what you have in mind? What kind of information would you see being passed and in which directions?

Regards,

Phil,
automatx

Re: SNMP

Post by automatx »

Nice to meet you Phil, you've got a beautiful piece of code here.

I am in the building automation and security business, and we have many requests from our clients that would like to have the two products work side by side, or at least using information from one to the other.
The energy monitoring or automation control panel (similar to X10 but the real stuff) use SNMP protocol for alarms, mesaging and other type of data. We are working on a "web based" system, that would combine the automation and security systems. The automation end of it is ready and working with two of the largest control manufacturers system, but we are now searching for the security server software that we can use. It must communicate with the individual control panels and the server via SNMP because that is the only acceptable protocol by BACNET.

We want to send AND receive simple alarms, pages, settings, and I/O-s between the two systems.